WTCC car set

Here you can present your WIP or new cars and/or stuff you made for GP2
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

Hey Greyhead! I hope things turned better now! Hopefully GP2 helped you a bit over the problems!

I'm sure your set will be great, but as you mentioned it is still a lot of work. Could you post some screenshots if you find some time? Will you make a special cockpit?
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

When I get a few more cars done I'll post a few screenshots. I don't really know about making a cockpit, I do have a touring car cockpit from another carset but to be honest it's not that good. I've never attempted to make my own cockpit so if anyone has any tips then I'll give it a go!
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Ah, fresh motivation has been found! Another three cars done, this time the Team UK, Team Germany and Team Italy-Spain BMW's. Screenshots to follow soon. Get in!
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
DJS
GP2 Racer

Post by DJS »

Wow, very exciting news.
Can't wait to see something. 8)
DJS Exclusive - Proud member of team NL²
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

Greyhead wrote:I've never attempted to make my own cockpit so if anyone has any tips then I'll give it a go!
The main problem is, that you have one big field that includes all the text-data (laptimes, gaps, fuel, etc.). You can split it up with a special editor, but it's difficult to install then. I already had a lot of problems with that stuff and in the end it never worked.
Another problem are the mirrors. If you want to have one on the left side, you automatically have one on the right side.
All in all there are a lot of problems to solve.
I'm planning a sportscar cockpit without mirrors and without data like laptimes, fuel etc. You can get these information when you press 1, 2 or 9. But the best thing would be if I would get the cockpit designer under control and split up the field.

I can't await your screenshots, too!
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

A couple of screenshots:

Pierre-Yves Corthals' JAS Honda Accord

Jorg Muller's Schnitzer BMW 320is

Other cars done are the other works BMW's (Dirk Muller, Andy Priaulx, Marcel Costa, Alex Zanardi, Duncan Huisman - all look pretty similar so I haven't shown them), and the Peugeot Denmark 407 of Jens Edman
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

Wow! You've done a superb job with those cars! I would say it can't be done better for GP2. I would love to see some shots from the front of the car, could you post one, two or three? :) I think it will be a great set and I will definitely race with it!!
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Well the bugs start creeping in at the front of the car, you get that big black triangle appearing at most angles. I'll try to get some unobscured shots of the front though.
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Quick update: Not done any work on the carset for a while (the Champ cars are quite a bit easier to draw!) but just got back into it again. Got the following cars done now...
BMW's of the Schnitzer, RBM, ROAL and Proteam teams
Alfa Romeos of N.technology and DB Antonelli teams
Chevrolets of the RML team
Peugeot of Peugeot Denmark team
Hondas of JAS team

Not far to go now car-wise, just the works SEATs, a few private BMWs and Alfas, then just a few touches like a shadow and a cockpit. By the time this 2006 carset is done, the 2007 season will be finished! Still, the basic bitmaps of most of the cars are drawn now so a 2007 carset shouldn't be that far behind, as most of the cars are very similar.
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Great news!!
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
Chico Landi
GP2 Starter

Post by Chico Landi »

:thumbsup:

GREAT !!!
Chico Landi
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Re: WTCC car set

Post by Greyhead »

FK, returning to the subject of the cockpit, I just have a quick question.

Is the cockpit view always from the centre of the car? Obviously in a touring car the driver would be sat either to the left or right, but presumably this would not be the case in GP2. Basically what I'm asking is, should I include the whole dashboard view or just from the driver's seat? I wouldn't want to have the cockpit view just showing the driver's view when it's actually in the middle, in case the player gets mixed up and thinks they've more room on one side of the car than they actually have.
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

Well, if you could get the helmet positon more to the left you should do a view of the left!
- . -
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Does that work Henning? It's just that with the rear view mirror problem (that is, when you have one on the left you automatically get one on the right) it would be easiest to do the cockpit showing the whole dashboard but I just don't think it would work very well. But I can't think of any other way of doing it without doing away with the mirrors completely, which I don't want to do.
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

Yes, there are a lot of problems...

The 2 main problems are the mirrors and the LCD Display Unit.

With normal editors you can move the LCD Display Unit only in vertical direction. But with LCDtool you can split this Unit (I think). But I never tried that, as LCDtool doesn't seem to work on my computer.

PS.: I don't understand exactly what HF means, but I don't think it works...