2008 cars and set

Here you can present your WIP or new cars and/or stuff you made for GP2
HF
GP2 Star

Re: 2008 cars and set

Post by HF »

MWI's and TdK's Ferrari looks so brilliant!

Here are some shots; click on them to get a HQ version :wink:

I used DJS 2008 with the TdK/MWi Ferrari in. Shape: DJS 2007 Track: Barcelona, Spain, GP2
- . -
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

HF wrote:MWI's and TdK's Ferrari looks so brilliant!
My input was not very much. It was already great =D> when MWi send it to me. My name is only there because it's planning to end up in a carset. But nothing is decided yet :-k
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Seconded, that car looks really awesome =D>

I`m waiting for the McLaren, the sidepods look nice :D

Does anybody has a link to highress-pics of the 2 new cars? I`ll start working again next week (vacation over) and use 2 monitors. I consider the 2 cars beeing a nice contrast as destops :lol:
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

It looks great with that car shape! I used to do my own F1 cars, I don't think I'll bother any more!
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

When I first saw the car on grandprix2.de I thought it was DJS' new Ferrari. Then at the second view I realized it is MWi&TdK's. The car looks great! Now I'm looking forward to what DJS' answer will be! :D
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

MäxX wrote:Does anybody has a link to highress-pics of the 2 new cars? I`ll start working again next week (vacation over) and use 2 monitors. I consider the 2 cars beeing a nice contrast as destops :lol:
It's a Belgium site, with Dutch language: http://www.f1club.be

Than click on: recente foto's (Recent pictures)

The rest you will find out...
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

TdK wrote:My name is only there because it's planning to end up in a carset. But nothing is decided yet :-k
Ah, nice news. =D> When two of the best patcher make one carset together, I don't know if I should annoy the community with my carsets anymorn 8-[
- . -
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

Toyota made its launch:

Nice helmet of Glock! I like this design.

The car looks damn flat in a way. This winglets there destroy the car design in my eyes. They are too high for me :wink:
- . -
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

I like this car very much. For me it's the best looking Toyota ever! Glocks helmet looks cool, very similar to Schumis!! :P
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Glock's helmet is indeed pretty cool, i just hope we get to see it near the front cos I've always rated him, but he didn't seem to be able to get anywhere. We're talking about a driver who scored points in his first GP, in a Jordan, when he wasn't even expecting to race. Not many can score points in their first race, and those that do are usually on the fast track to success, so God knows why nobody was interested in Glock!

As for the car, it looks pretty solid, but maybe a year or two out of date. Quite why they're persevering with those things in front of the sidepods (the kind that Honda have had for the last two years) is a bit beyond me, given that even Honda had given up on developing them in favour of aero solutions towards the rear, where there is more scope for development.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

So Prodrive have abandoned plans to ever enter F1 now. David Richards has stated that under no circumstances would they build their own car. Shame that, as Prodrive would be more than capable of it and it means no 12th team for the foreseeable future. Maybe if Paul Stoddart lodged an entry...
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

V12-Power wrote:For me it's the best looking Toyota ever!
If it would not have those winglets Greyhead described I would second you :wink:

ADDITION: Force India confirmed Fisico. Liuzzi is the official third driver. Do you think that they could rotate them?
- . -
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

I didn't think I'd say that any time soon, but subjectively, that's one of the nicest-looking Toyota F1 cars I've seen in years. Especially from the front, I like the way it looks.
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Thanks TDK :)

I also like the Toyota, let`s see if the new look also helps them in scoring more points :D

Fisico at Force India...let`s see if he can fight back or retires after that season. I don`t think they plan a regular rotation, but if Fisi is not good enough they`ll surely switch drivers. But intresting, they go for fast drivers instead of drivers with a big wallet - hope this works well, it`s a pity what happened to the former Jordan team in the last 2 years #-o

Wurz as Testdriver at Honda...I thought he wanted to retire :-k
DJS
GP2 Racer

Post by DJS »

MäxX wrote:Wurz as Testdriver at Honda...I thought he wanted to retire :-k
Wurz said he retired, because Toyota paid him to say so, it wasn't really his decision.... :lol:

I'll release the Ferrari when I get the green light for it. :-"
DJS Exclusive - Proud member of team NL²