Spyker F8-VII - Launch

Here you can post everything to every motorsport!
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

Moonraker wrote:
Simtek ruled!

Damn right, and Jos is still the best Dutch F1 driver ever!!!!

It's just because he never had a good car (Don't start about the 1994 season driving in a benetton, that car he drove was F*ck!ng much different from Schumacher's car) after his debut with benetton, and he didn't had the sponsor funds/money for buying a seat within a up-grid team after a terrible short season with Simtek.
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
Moonrakerâ„¢
GP2 Racer

Post by Moonrakerâ„¢ »

TdK wrote:that car he drove was F*ck!ng much different from Schumacher's car

ALAS! The reason why Schumacher can never be compared to other F1 greats. Stick him in a Minardi in 1998 and he's nowhere.

TdK wrote:after his debut with benetton, and he didn't had the sponsor funds/money for buying a seat within a up-grid team after a terrible short season with Simtek.

Yeah, but remember his run with the Ferrari of Berger? He overtook him!
In a time of global financial crisis... cheap motorsport is the key!! GPRL resumes in 2009!
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

TdK wrote:that car he drove was F*ck!ng much different from Schumacher's car
How do you know that? I rather think that Verstappen was thrown in cold water (as we say in germany) after Lehto's accident. He directly came from Willi Weber's F3 team and had not much experience yet.
On the other hand there was Schumacher, who had already 2 complete seasons behind him and in addition was an exceptional talent. Further the car was of course build the way that it suited the teamleader Schumacher...
So you blame the car to be the reason why Verstappen didn't look well!? That's funny and far from reality.
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

V12-Power wrote:
How do you know that? I rather think that Verstappen was thrown in cold water (as we say in germany) after Lehto's accident. He directly came from Willi Weber's F3 team and had not much experience yet.

That's also thrue. But he told it on dutch television and magazine's years later on when he had 100 gp's at his name, and they recalled it all.

There he talked about this certain Gp Hockenheim 1994 where he had to borrow Schumi's car... So, that's why.

V12-Power wrote:
So you blame the car to be the reason why Verstappen didn't look well!? That's funny and far from reality.

Schumi and Jos are big friends, and when they Go-Kart together Jos is 9 out of 10 times faster than Michael. So, that tells a lot... 8)
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

In 1994 there where two races where the FIA banned Schumacher to give Hill a chance on the title. I wonder you had Schumacher's car then. Verstappen or Lehto? If I look at the results I would say they left Schumacher's "special" car in the factory...

It's normal that a contender for the title gets the latest parts on his car at first, but all in all I personally don't believe Verstappen's story. But the ones who dislike Schumacher love it of course, it's always the same...

And yeah, maybe Verstappen is the faster go-kart-driver, but Schumacher is the faster F1-driver and that is what counts at the end of the day.
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

From how i understood it, Schumacher just happened to have a different driving style. Johnny Herbert was not exactly slow (fourth place on his debut with badly smashed feet showed that) but he couldn't get anywhere near Schuey because of the fact that the B194 and B195 were designed around Schumacher. To embellish upon FK's point, it's normal for the lead driver to have a car designed around them and for them to get "development" parts that may well be faster.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »

Code: Select all

Sportliche Daten
Saisons aktiv    16
Grand Prix gesamt    Â» 250
Siege    Â» 90
2. Plätze    Â» 43
3. Plätze    Â» 20
4. Plätze    Â» 11
5. Plätze    Â» 10
6. Plätze    Â» 7
Pole Positions    Â» 68
Erste Startreihe    Â» 114
Schnellste Runden    Â» 73
Führungsrunden    4926
Führungskilometer    23219
WM-Punkte gesamt    1359

Envy, disfavor, hate are shit :lol:
Last edited by AAS on 13.03.2007, 11:55, edited 2 times in total.
AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »

TdK wrote:Damn right, and Jos is still the best Dutch F1 driver ever!!!!

Jos is a great driver.
But Jos had too little luck, (sponsors, management, car).
With more luck he would have reached more.

Jos is a great driver.
And this is one of my greatest motorsport moments :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuKiQsL3xik
Moonrakerâ„¢
GP2 Racer

Post by Moonrakerâ„¢ »

Even if it was Couthard, I'd still say the same. Many Germans get blinded by their nationality. Luckily some see that Schumacher did cheat at times, simple as. It's blatant. He was definitely controversial and very unsportsman like.

THE REASON HE CANNOT JOIN LEGENDS imo!!!! - I'd love to see him in really bad machinery. like how Barrichello went to Honda. I wished he would have gone to like Toyota or something.
In a time of global financial crisis... cheap motorsport is the key!! GPRL resumes in 2009!
AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »

Sportliche Daten
Saisons aktiv    16
Siege    Â» 90
2. Plätze    Â» 43
3. Plätze    Â» 20
4. Plätze    Â» 11
5. Plätze    Â» 10
6. Plätze    Â» 7
Pole Positions    Â» 68
Führungsrunden    4926
WM-Punkte gesamt    1359

Last edited by AAS on 13.03.2007, 11:56, edited 2 times in total.
Moonrakerâ„¢
GP2 Racer

Post by Moonrakerâ„¢ »

Showed about Frentzen though didn't it. Faster than Schumacher? FUCK OFF. He was shit.
AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »

Sportliche Daten
Saisons aktiv    16
Siege    Â» 90
2. Plätze    Â» 43
3. Plätze    Â» 20
4. Plätze    Â» 11
5. Plätze    Â» 10
6. Plätze    Â» 7
Pole Positions    Â» 68
Führungsrunden    4926
WM-Punkte gesamt    1359

Last edited by AAS on 13.03.2007, 11:57, edited 3 times in total.
Moonrakerâ„¢
GP2 Racer

Post by Moonrakerâ„¢ »

lol. It's not about nations. Why you think that? Cos many people question Schumacher.

Inoue, Tuero, Mazzacane and especially Yoong are all crap. Doesn't mean anything about nations though...
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

Yea, I can understand you Moonraker in this case:
"Many Germans get blinded by their nationality."

I'm a german, too :wink: but I hate Schumacher.
every friend of mine says that I'm stupid due to my "love" to Raikkonen and Kovalinen. Yes, this are also two finish men but I like them 'cause of ther way of driving not due to their nationality.
This "young and fast" men fascinates me.
Look at guyes like Heidfeld. They are doing their way but I don't care about! Kubica or Vettel are also well and I like them too.

My problem is that I really can't understand anyone who "loves" schumacher. I think they only do because he won so much. Raikkonen, I loved him even when he were on Sauber, never won a title or anything else but I stayed faithful! :wink:

The main point: prejudices like german only like schumacher or other germans are crap. It goes with every other nationality the same way!
- . -
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

It's worst here in Brazil. Becouse of the Senna vs Scumacher thing.

I'm not a Schumacher fan. But we have to admit, he's a champion. Sometimes he did cheat, sometimes he had unfair advantages, but sometimes he was just faster then anybody else and did great races.

I guess he's got special care from the teams after he's shown then it was worth it for the teambosses.