How to get faster

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
gp2user
GP2 Newbie

How to get faster

Post by gp2user »

Hi,

Yesterday I installed the old Grand Prix 2 Game and run it successfull with Win XP.

I hope here are some user who can give me some instruductions to get faster because I played and I have just bad lap times, can just arrive in place 15 or 16.

Backwards I get better places but I dont know how any more.

I play with a joystick and I tryed it with and without break-help but there is no huge difference.

I tryed also different settings for the car, but it doesnt make a difference.

It would be very nice if s.o. could give me some helps, and I hope you can understand my posting.

Greetings,
GP2User
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Re: How to get faster

Post by V12-Power »

I would say de-activate as many driving-aids as possible, probably you even don't need the traction control when you play with a joysticky. Then, with a little experience, you'll be much faster!
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
AD
GP2 Acc

Re: How to get faster

Post by AD »

Joystick is an interesting choice to play the game, but with a bit of practice, any controls can be used to get some quick times. (Says someone who still insists on playing modern titles with keyboard instead of a steering wheel. :))

If you're somewhat into setups, working on the wing settings can potentially make your car faster a lot. It's a bit unrealistic, but in GP2, you can drive with very little to no rear wing. More top speed, less understeering and so better balance in the corners.

Good luck on finding some experience and speed!
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..