How to play GP2....

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
DJS
GP2 Racer

How to play GP2....

Post by DJS »

This is how I play Gp2......

The only thing that has changed since taking the pics is the size of the screen, it's now a 21 inch. :wink:
DJS Exclusive - Proud member of team NL²
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

Wow, cool!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Crazy, really crazy!!! :wink:
- . -
Moonrakerâ„¢
GP2 Racer

Post by Moonrakerâ„¢ »

Those look like Simtek front wings behind it!!!!
In a time of global financial crisis... cheap motorsport is the key!! GPRL resumes in 2009!
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

That's an awesome setup... even I who never plays racing sims with anything else but a keyboard can recognize that. :)
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
DJS
GP2 Racer

Post by DJS »

You're spot on, Moonraker!
I collect Simtek memorabilia and have just started with collecting Spyker F1 memorabilia.
You can see a rearwheel in front of the wing, if you look closely.
DJS Exclusive - Proud member of team NL²
Moonrakerâ„¢
GP2 Racer

Post by Moonrakerâ„¢ »

Hey hey hey DJS. Say hello to another Crazy SIMTEK fan. I have many pieces of memorabilia, but nothing near the amount you have. And nothing as prestigious as a front wing!

There was an auction on eBay last year, or 2004 where someone was selling pieces of Simtek off. Including a 1/50 model of the car for the aerodynamic wind tunnel testing.

Too much money though :(
In a time of global financial crisis... cheap motorsport is the key!! GPRL resumes in 2009!
M. Floriani
GP2 Newbie

Post by M. Floriani »

Very good!
Mauri Floriani
Organizer GP2 World Championship Brazil 2007
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Re: How to play GP2....

Post by V12-Power »

The reason I re-started this topic is, that I maybe want to buy a steering wheel and see how I can get a better "racing atmosphere".

So how do you play your racing games? Only with a keyboard (like me for example) or maybe with a steering wheel? Do you maybe have a special racing seat (like DJS has one)? Or what would be your ideas for your personal "cockpit", would you like to have some kind of F1-cockpit? Did you find something interesting regarding this topic in other forums or somewhere else in the internet, then just feel free to post it here. That goes for everything that is somehow related to this hole theme.
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

I've tried wheels, but always stuck to a keyboard whenever possible. With the modern titles, you have to decide if missing out on force feedback effects and the like is worth it. I've always found the sight of having a playtoy-like steering wheel on the table in front of me rather disorienting when there's a good, animated cockpit in the game, but that's a rather personal quirk, I guess. ;-)
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

My GF would most likely kill me or even worse if I would install such a construction ;) But it rocks, *thumbsup*

Personally I use to play modern racing games (for instance Need for Speed series) with a steering wheel, but when it comes to play GP2 I use keys. I`m way slower than with driving a joystick (the ancient but now unfunctional Flight Stick was really great for this, it had only 2 buttons and no distracting hand rest -> you could easily have the stick on your desk, I don`t like having the stick on the laps) but I`m still competitive enough to win the races on ace level.
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

MäxX wrote:My GF would most likely kill me or even worse if I would install such a construction ;) But it rocks, *thumbsup*
If only I had the courage to suggest it to my wife.......
Find me on @jakesansonofficial or www.jakesanson.com
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Come and play the RRML using Grand Prix 2 via Downforce Racing YouTube channel!
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

During some research in the Internet I've found a forum, where a lot of guys posted their "cockpits". I think it's interesting to look through it once. Click here to go to it!
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project