GP2 fans carset 2007

Here you can post everything that fits in the topic "GP2 Screenshots & GP2 Patcher"
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

BTW:
MäxX wrote:I`m not sure if the red color will stay in the end, maybe I`ll go for some orange to use this car as Arrows for carset completion (I use my repaintet Simtek and an Arrows for that purpose, it`s just time to make a new Arrows)

You are making a 07 carset? Would be great! :wink:

Your car looks very well!
- . -
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

A team file would be best too send. Then you have the names of the drivers and the team/engine name included. Is the easiest... :P
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
Coloni
GP2 Starter

Post by Coloni »

I have a question: where do you get those sponsors from (for on the car)? Do you make them yourself?
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

I usually try to get the logos by using an image search like in this example:

http://images.google.de/images?hl=de&q= ... uche&gbv=2

Of course then you'll probably still have to resize the logo(s) for your car... :wink:
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

@ V12-Power:
Can you please send us the coordinates for the car numbers? This would make the ingame tests much easier :)

How should the pics in the driver selection look? Do the repainted helmets their job? :) Maybe we can make the 2nd team drivers helmet look in the opposite direction? Would be a new feature I`ve not seen in the carsets so far

I think all cars should be equaly fast in the end (all first drivers faster, the sceond a bit slower), which settings should we take when sending the team files? This will save you some work :D

@ HF:
Currently it`s not planned to make a 2007 carset due there will definitaly be some high quality sets available :)

I tried to make the car orange but than the shading effects were all lost. I`ll go for some green, first tests looked good.

Thx for the compliment, currently I`m not fully satisfied but there is always room left for improvements

@ Coloni:
If I want to use a certain decal I google for it, otherwise I have 2 files with some adverts, they did it for me during my skinning starts. One is low quality (from my GP2 times) and the other is better (I think this was made during the Racing Simulation 2 times)
I can send them to you if you want.
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

MäxX wrote:@ V12-Power:
Can you please send us the coordinates for the car numbers? This would make the ingame tests much easier :)

The number positions are the same as in the EVDJS 2004-2005 and TGP2 2006, DJS 2006, FK2006 carsets... So just install one of them and then you'll have the settings.

MäxX wrote:How should the pics in the driver selection look? Do the repainted helmets their job? :) Maybe we can make the 2nd team drivers helmet look in the opposite direction? Would be a new feature I`ve not seen in the carsets so far
Hmm, originally I thought everybody should do what he wants. But now I think that it would be nice if we would all use helmets in "Rusty"-style (like DJS and kimi_mp4-18 use them as their avatars and which are used in all FKCMA carsets for example).

MäxX wrote:I think all cars should be equaly fast in the end (all first drivers faster, the sceond a bit slower), which settings should we take when sending the team files? This will save you some work :D

Of course they shall all be the same, no doubt about that! That was the reason why I never talked about them. ;-) So just don't change the data from the one that is included in the empty GP2edit-carset.
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

thx, I`ll do it that way :)

EDIT:
V12-Power wrote:
MäxX wrote:@ V12-Power:

The number positions are the same as in the EVDJS 2004-2005 and TGP2 2006, DJS 2006, FK2006 carsets... So just install one of them and then you'll have the settings.

In that case the numberpositions of the template car would work different than initally thought by looking at the template car. So if the car works good with one of those sets all will be good.

Great, I prefer that number positions anyways :)
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

V12-Power wrote:
MäxX wrote:How should the pics in the driver selection look? Do the repainted helmets their job? :) Maybe we can make the 2nd team drivers helmet look in the opposite direction? Would be a new feature I`ve not seen in the carsets so far
Hmm, originally I thought everybody should do what he wants. But now I think that it would be nice if we would all use helmets in "Rusty"-style (like DJS and kimi_mp4-18 use them as their avatars and which are used in all FKCMA carsets for example).

OK, than i have to try something new :wink:

I'll try it but if I wouldn't be able to do it, could somebody do them?

DJS, you are one of the guyes who can make it really good. How do you do? Could you give us a small introdution?
- . -
DJS
GP2 Racer

Post by DJS »

Henning, Fridtjof made them all. :lol:
And the later drivers helmets are from Tim (I guess), but I've modified them. (That'll be Doornbos, Kubica etc.)
So thanks for credits, but they're not for me. :wink:
DJS Exclusive - Proud member of team NL²
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

For me it won`t be that difficult due my helmet beeing a green version of Gerhard Berger`s and the second driver will get a modified Wendlinger ;)

Maybe I`ll go for a totally new desing, let`s see

Personally I`d do it that way:
1. Switch RGB channels so that the white helmet get`s the main color you want
2. Make a layer out of it
3. Copy your decals on it
4. Switch the layer occupacency a little bit - the decals should get a little bit shaded like the original helmet
5. Match the layers
6. Revise the decals until the colors match

Hope this helps :)
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

I use a base mentioned above for my menu-helmets. In my carset(s) i paint them myself. So i have my helmets for the fans carset in this style ready. :)

They are not to hard to make, it's just how accurate you want them to be. You can add lots of lines, colors, adverts, and stuff. 8)

The best is to make them like mine, they are lot easier to make and take not much more than an hour to make a single one from a empty white helmet. 8)

My carset menu-helmets never have decals on it, this saves a lot of time... :wink:
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
Chico Landi
GP2 Starter

The number....

Post by Chico Landi »

I'm sad.... :(

"THE" number for my life is 3.... :yes:

But that's OK....

My team is ready !!!! :D
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Chico, I'll swap with you if you like so you can be #3 and #4. I'm not too bothered about which numbers I have.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
Moonrakerâ„¢
GP2 Racer

Post by Moonrakerâ„¢ »

Am I placed directly with as 2nd driver to AD?

I don't think he would like that! lol. and if I do, I am not being less powered that the first driver! :D

I will use our MG car I think.

I'll be MARD ZWEI team, if AD is MARD EINS team!
In a time of global financial crisis... cheap motorsport is the key!! GPRL resumes in 2009!
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

The menuhelmets and ingame helmets are done.

Do you want us to add the signature and Logo like they are in the template or DJS`avatar? Sorry for asking that mch questions, but an uniform look of the ingame helmets just look better IMO ;)

My car is 95% finished, just some smoothing left. The only prob is that I currently don`t know what to do with the nose at the moment, it just looks so naked at the moment :roll:

EDIT:
Ok it`s ready for the roll ;)

Where should we send that stuff?