GRAND PRIX WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
MaxX
GP2 Star

Re: GRAND PRIX WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by MaxX »

Minarae:
This was truly an amazing race and Mark Rugen finally is back again on the top of the podium. His embrace with Alingas on the podium to celebrate the end of their bad luck was very nice to watch and shows how true sportsmen are working here. Of course we would have loved to have Jorg as well on the podium and we will investigate the cause of his problem.

Orchis:
Ukyo had really bad luck at this race but he continued to provide us with furhter cardata in his forced "testing session", but we are really happy that Sophia seems to feel comfortable with the car (we had to make some major adjustments for her sitting position). With this race we once more strengthened our position in the midfield and this was our goal. If the major teams have problems, we score and that`s good. Hopefully we can maintain that corcumstance.

--------------
Unofficial part:
I`m really glad that Alingas and FK finally got a result they deserved, that streak of bad luck was truly remarkable :roll:
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

FK Racing Systems: After several DNF's the whole team is very relieved, that it was finally able to score some points again. There was no disappointment that it didn't last for the victory, what clearly shows how much pressure was on the team. Rickard Alingas said: "I hope we finally broke the spell and that we can score points regulary in the future."

FK Junior Racing: Both cars were able to qualify and our young drivers did a lot of kilometers. It was a good weekend for the team.

@MäxX: Thank you very much, it was really depressing!

@Jake: Good you feel fit again. And I can just agree, this forum is a really cool place!
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
Klon
GP2 Starter

Post by Klon »

Opinions were divided among the personnel of Team Cyprus and Nagato Grand Prix after possibly the hardest race of the GPWC season, the over 3 hours long challenge in Bathurst: while the result in itself was not pleasing, Kay Lon was not disappointed, as he knew about the updates of the other teams. Team Cyprus can expect an update of the Renault engine by RST for the next race. Nagato Grand Prix had a very disappointing weekend with Mertakis failing to qualify and Huckett retiring. Mertakis was quoted as being extremely disappointed with his own performance and wishing for more success within the next weeks. Huckett on the other hand, was very enraged and leashed out on Cyprus and American television against the "piece of junk" he is forced to drive. Kay Lon refused to comment on that but insiders say that he is extremely enraged by the US-American's comment, seeing as he has, according to Kay Lon's inofficial opinion, not justified his enormous wage yet.
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

SME:

Well it's back to reality!! We all had fun at New Zealand, but we all knew that we wouldn't repeat our victory. I was disappointed to retire my car, but Lewis did a stunning job. He now feels comfortable in the car after an uneasy start to the season. As far as we are concerned we are pleased with the hard work everyone has put in.

Transition:

Gabriele is devastated to lose his podium, and frankly Elio has been quite rude about how things have gone with his car, although they were mistakes of his own making in our view. We are taking the issues raised in Bathurst very seriously, and we will be prepared to go for victory in the next race.
Find me on @jakesansonofficial or www.jakesanson.com
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Come and play the RRML using Grand Prix 2 via Downforce Racing YouTube channel!
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

LOLA WORLD SERIES
PORTUGAL, Estoril

PP: Timo Laiti

RESULTS
1. Timo Laiti (Nextdrive)
2. Stefano Sampietro (Scicilia)
3. Ba Mitchell (MWM)
4. Natalia Medina Gonzalez (Dubai)
5. Kane Palmer (MWM)
6. Laurance Papin (Vaillante)
7. Siso Soldado (Prodan)
8. Dallas Rebecky (Fox)

FL: Timo Laiti
GP2_0002.JPG
So joining the Grand Prix World Championship field at Estoril will be Nextdrive.

The Lola World Series has announced that after talks with the GPWC, whichever team wins the LWS Team Trophy will be guaranteed a free spot on the 2010 grid, which means that 14 teams could be on next year's grid. The rule that whichever team wins each race gets a drive in the GPWC race will not change, which means that pre-qualifying could well be introduced in 2010.
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Hawke
GP2 Starter

Post by Hawke »

DRTW

After a really disapointing GP of Australia we have decided to work harder on our reliability. We will spend 1 Million (250p) on our reliability for the next race. We hope to score some points again in the next race.
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

I'm considering releasing the championships that I "play" alongside the GPWC, so that this all makes sense. I've been doing these little leagues ever since I started using GrandPrix2.com back in 2002, so I was wondering if anybody would like to contribute to it i.e. play these as well in a smaller capacity, but I know everyone's VERY busy so we'll see how it goes.

The other championships are:

Lola World Series (which you know about, and is my version of F3000/GP2)
Touring Car World Cup
US Grand Prix Series (Indycar/Champ Car)
World Sportscar Series

If anyone likes this, I'll set up the leagues for these championships on the forum in a similar way to the GPWC.

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

By the way, the Portugese Grand Prix will be on Thursday.

MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

I think it`s better to focus on one series due the race reports are pretty much work. We could go for managing also some Lola-series stuff, but I`d keep the race reports that way they are, only add the full classement.

Too much work overflow leads to desinterest I suppose ;)
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

I see your point. So, new plan.

I'm about to set up a new GP2 website of my own where we would run teams in different leagues, all of them related to the real racing world in some way. That way it doesn't clog up the forum, and anyone who wishes to take part may do so.

The website will be named "GP2 World Racing League" or "WRL" which will become the home of the GPWC in 2010. There will be a few championships running around in 2010:

Grand Prix World Championship (in its current form)

Lola World Series (in its current form)

Formula 1 (open to the current 13 teams for the FIA F1 2010 albeit with our own drivers!)

Formula 2 (open to 13 specially selected teams who have competed since 2000 that are no longer active, and selected invited teams who have winning success in F1)

Indycars (open to the 13 best US open wheel teams, combining new teams with legendary teams)

Formula 3000 (open to backmarker F1 teams from the 80s-90s, and teams that never saw F1 that built cars)

Formula 3 (for Junior teams of either F1 or GPWC)

Formula Junior (for brand new young-gun teams, using FPA chassis)

World Touring Car Cup (for 13 manufacturers from touring car racing since 2000, with new teams running them)

Le Mans World Series (for 13 manufacturers in Prototype class sportscars)

Gran Turismo World Series (for 13 GTS class sportscar teams)

The teams will be announced in another thread, coming soon. There is a limit to running two teams per category, but you may own as many teams as you like, provided you only own two teams per race series. It's up to you guys how involved you get, but I shall be running them all through 2010, as I like doing them!!!

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

BREAKING NEWS!!

The GPWC have discovered foul play by the Orchis team ahead of the Portugese Grand Prix at Estoril.

Their team boss, ex GPWC world champion Tom Saunders was today unavailable for comment, after it transpired that the team is being investigated for transgressing Article 4.32 of the GPWC code:

"Any team that exceeds their controlled budget as awarded them on a race-by-race basis, will be in transgression of the rules. The punishment for breaking this agreement, will have action taken against them as deemed necessary by the GPWC and the Team's Association."

The Orchis team are being investigated for "overspending". If found guilty, they will be penalised.

The GPWC now awaits the verdicts of the other teams as they judge what should be done if Team Orchis is found guilty.

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

SME:

The GPWC have obviously taken this crime very seriously, but we do not believe that any real advantage has been gained through the free practice sessions. Of course over a race distance, that could change.

We personally believe that if found guilty, Orchis should not be awarded their prize money for the Portugese Grand Prix weekend.

Transition:

It is absolutely disgraceful that the team has been pulling the wool over our eyes. We discussed during our South American leg of the World Championship the good-natured spirit that was currently visible in the sport. It appears that Orchis has completely disregarded this.

We feel that if found guilty, Orchis should receive a one-race ban.

MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Officially Orchis Statement:
Tom Saunders, head of Orchis Racing:

The Orchis F1 Team will not dispute the recent allegations made by the GPWC council concerning the 2009 Bathurst Grand Prix.

It also wishes to state that its executive director of engineering, Lucio Brattone has left the team.

Before attending the hearing before the GPWC council, the team will not make any further comment.
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

PORTUGESE GRAND PRIX
Qualifying

An interesting session, but no real surprises for what is expected to be a fairly straight-forward Grand Prix. News this weekend that this will be the last Grand Prix at Estoril.

A great pole position by Rickard Alingas, signals the arrival of the Swede in the championship fight.

1. Rickard Alingas (FK Systems)
2. Jorg Mannsperger (Minarae)
3. Gabriele Toccacello (Transition)
4. Mark Rugen (Minarae)
5. Ukyo Okazaki (Orchis)
6. Elio Lahikkanen (Transition)
7. Sophia Lavaggi (Orchis)
8. Lewis Cool (SME)
9. Massimiliano Ariesta (Republica)
10. Timothy MacGibbons (LeRon)
11. Patrik Pafvelsson (FK Systems)
12. Maarja Snel (Nordisch)
13. Timo Laiti (Nextdrive)
14. Jake Sanson (SME)
15. Jaime Moreno (DRTW)
16. Giambattista Regazzi (Cyprus)
17. Alexis Kamannen (Republica)
18. Rick vd Woldenberg (DRTW)
19. Leszek Leuenberger (Kraft)
20. Bjorn Makki-Ohlson (LeRon)
21. Herbie Huckett (Nagato)
22. Nico Weidlinger (FK Junior)
23. Sebastien Bourougsse (Nextdrive)
24. Kostas Kafatos (Cyprus)
25. Fiete Priet (Nordisch)
26. Ryan Miller (FK Junior)

DNQ. Vincent Hattenberger (Kraft)
DNQ. Yiasoumis Mertakis (Nagato)

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

PORTUGESE GRAND PRIX, Estoril
Race

START:
Mannsperger takes the lead. It's a clean start all round.
GP2_0000.JPG
Lap 4:
Okazaki is out with a blown engine.

Lap 8:
Weidlinger & Bourougsse touch breaking the Nextdrive's front wing. While Bourougsse pits, Weidlinger rejoins.
GP2_0009.JPG
Lap 14:
Alingas pits, and never returns!! ALINGAS IS OUT!! A dead transmission ends the Swede's race. He is furious!!!

Lap 23:
A very quiet race so far, but Kamannen retires with a blown engine.

Lap 26:
Kafatos is out with a failure in the electrics.

Lap 27:
After the 1st round of stops, Mannsperger leads from Lahikkanen and Cool, both drivers being on a one-stop strategy.

Lap 30:
Rick vd Woldenberg is OUT!! That's a loose wheel.
GP2_0012.JPG
Lap 32:
Huckett is out!! Electrical problems drop him out of 11th place.

Lap 33:
Regazzi is out!! That's a puncture!!

Lap 39:
THAT'S LAHIKKANEN!! He was third!! And now he's out with a blown engine!!