World Sportscar Racing '92

Here you can present your WIP or new cars and/or stuff you made for GP2
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Re: World Sportscar Racing '92

Post by V12-Power »

This is the Lola B08/60 racing in Houston.

I'm actually evaluating if it would be a either a good or a bad idea to start with a LMS carset.

Today I updated my existing LMP carshape in big parts and I am quite surprised that it looks like something useable together with the bitmap. The quality is acceptable I think.

It could be exiting to make a carset of a series, that is currently running, again.

But before this I want to try to finish the 1992 carset. After wednesday I'll have some time again. :D

Tell me what you think about (and maybe someone wants to join me!?)!
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

V12-Power wrote:Image
This is the Lola B08/60 racing in Houston.

I'm actually evaluating if it would be a either a good or a bad idea to start with a LMS carset.

Today I updated my existing LMP carshape in big parts and I am quite surprised that it looks like something useable together with the bitmap. The quality is acceptable I think.

It could be exiting to make a carset of a series, that is currently running, again.

But before this I want to try to finish the 1992 carset. After wednesday I'll have some time again. :D
Brilliant job! Looks amazing!
Tell me what you think about (and maybe someone wants to join me!?)!
One try with me again? Now, when I don't make F1.....
- . -
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

Finally I'm working on the 1992 sportcar carset again! It was already close to finish (although still enough to do), but now I'll bring it to an end. Somehow I was wondering why I started this project once, but after driving some races with the set I knew why: these cars look simply amazing!!

Here is a pic of my latest work, still some minor details are missing. Now some sponsors (on 3 or 4 cars) & some menu-arts are still missing and the new cockpit has to be optimized. I guess I should be able to finish that still this year... :D
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Great news! It's always nice to have something a bit different.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

Really excited about this one buddy!!
Find me on @jakesansonofficial or www.jakesanson.com
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Come and play the RRML using Grand Prix 2 via Downforce Racing YouTube channel!
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

I got a problem. Does anybody (maybe Greyhead or rremedio) know if the data of car 1 and 2 for the suspension/mirrors is linked? I think it is... Because on car 2 I got huge mirrors in the game, although they look normal in the car-editor. :?
Here's a pic of the problem:
Could there be a solution for that??? [-o<
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Well I personally have never come across this problem, but perhaps GP2 has thrown us another curve ball as it tends to do...

Do you only get this in that particular view? Because I know there is the odd glitch with the mirrors from that view on the touring car where part of the suspension/mirror shows through when it should be hidden (the main pushrod of the front suspension, which acts as the mirror support, shows through the rest of the mirror housing, which is made up of the wishbones), perhaps it's something to do with that.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

Well, they are connected. If I change the mirrors on car 1 it has an influence on car 2. Not good. :-(
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

Yesterday I finished the last car. Now I still have to make some adjustments to the cockpit and two menu-arts. Here is the preview:
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

=D>
Looking great! I love that Peugeot.
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

V12, this is brilliant work! It' amazing how good your stuff always looks like.
- . -
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

:D
tmc
GP2 Starter

Post by tmc »

It looks really great!! =D> =D> =D>

The car on the bottom right has a very cool livery style.
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

Amazing, really. I enjoyed the '91 carset, and this is the perfect continuation. :D
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

First, thank you all for your kind comments! I hope you'll like the set when it comes out!

Second: I just drove the 2nd race of my SWC92 season in Aida. It was about 17 laps. In the last lap I ran out of fuel. I don't understand why (car weight 650kg, 680bhp) and I also have no idea how I could get a higher fuel load. :-k Does anybody have a solution?? I already searched in this forum, but I found no answer.