A new MotoGP carset??

Here you can present your WIP or new cars and/or stuff you made for GP2
thelesserknown
GP2 Newbie

A new MotoGP carset??

Post by thelesserknown »

Hello I am a long time fan of GP2 and a visitor to your site.

After using many of your fantastic Mods, Tracks etc. I feel I should give something back and try and Create something for your site. After much thinking and looking what is covered on this site I have decided to make an attempt at making a MotoGP Mod based on the 2004 season. I am using the 2004 season because i already have a game with all the liveries on there so I dont have to spend hours looking for all the teams liveries, helmets etc. Also I have noticed that all the tracks already on this site which also would make life easier has it would be better to create a mod where It is possible to run it as close as possible to the real season and I dont think I would be able to create a track myself.

Now there is one huge stumbling block to make this Mod and i don't think any guesses are needed to see what it is and that I or nobody else for that matter will be able to make a realistic bike or GP2.
At this time I am not sure how to get around this and I am not really wanting to put MotoGP liveries on an F1 car. I want to get as close to the real thing has possible and was wondering if there are more suitable Car that I could use that looks closer to an motoGP or weather either it is possible that one of you fantasic people would be able to create something loosly based on a motoGP bike perhaps some form of quad bike version? The think I am looking for something that resembles an motoGp bike at the front, has no wings to speak of on the car and keeps the slim line look of MotoGP, I have even been thinking about perhaps an F1 car without minus wings to use.

If this is successful and can be done well to the high standards set on the GrandPrix 2 website I would like to make an 2009 mod perhaps for release at the end of the season.

I have rattled on a little here so i will close up by saying I would very much like your input, suggestions and weather you would actually be interested in a MotoGP mod.
Thank You
AD
GP2 Acc

Re: A new MotoGP carset??

Post by AD »

As you've correctly pointed out, getting anything like a two-wheel motorcycle with somewhat believable behaviour in the game isn't possible. Also, there's normally no body model for the driver other than a bitmap, I don't know if any part of an open wheel shape could be designed in a way to approximate that. Other than that, maybe a vehicle with two wheels at the back (three in total) could somewhat give a similar silhouette from the front. Maybe there's a constriction there, though, that the vehicle could only have four wheels. In that case, I agree, the only thing that could be remotely close in style is something like a quad.

I don't make carshapes, but there are some knowledgeable people here who I'm sure can tell you a bit more in detail about that. :)
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Funny you should mention this as I have often wondered if it would be possible to make a bike shape out of the GP2 car. However I usually come to the conclusion that it would just be too hard to do and be unrealistic as the bike wouldn't lean into the corners. An interesting idea though, and would love to see the results!
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

I say go for it! Moto GP in GP2 would be an amazing spectacle. I believe in you!!!
Find me on @jakesansonofficial or www.jakesanson.com
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Come and play the RRML using Grand Prix 2 via Downforce Racing YouTube channel!
DJS
GP2 Racer

Post by DJS »

Now as said before we can't make it look like actual bikes taking corners, but that shouldn't stop one from making a correct shape.

Here is a very rough, far from finished preview of what it might look like.

DJS Exclusive - Proud member of team NL²
DJS
GP2 Racer

Post by DJS »

Since nobody seems interested, I've ditched this project. [-(
DJS Exclusive - Proud member of team NL²
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

DJS wrote:Since nobody seems interested, I've ditched this project. [-(
Ahh, NO! Back in August it was a nice thing I read but I hadhn't the time to say something to this. I think this couzld get really cool cause I think that it'll be a great challange to make a bike texture ;-)
- . -
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

I think this project would have been killed by it's restrictions, mentioned by AD and greyhead already, anyway.

Still it would have been interesting to see a finished car- or better bikeshape with a bitmap on it!
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

This would be nice idea but I see this is abandoned :( I have many fresh ideas how to make a shape similar to bike and i can try if someone is interested :wink: But I not promise that this will be genious carshape 100% similar to bike :-"