Let's make a season package for F1 2009

Here you can present your WIP or new cars and/or stuff you made for GP2
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Let's make a season package for F1 2009

Post by rremedio »

Hi guys!

Here's the idea: a package with updated data for all races of 2009, so the user may download it and it does an auto configuration of GP2 correcting slots, laptimes, balancing difficulty level for all tracks etc...

It consists of altered versions of he track .dats, setups and magic data. There should be two modes: one for those who drive with F7 enabled and usual GP2 setups. And other for those who drive with F7 disabled and rear wing 1.

I've started to work on it in the weekend of the Melbourne race. I've done all the configurations with NL² 2008 carset, but with laptimes based on the 2009 race. Yesterday I've tried a wet race in Shangai. It's not accurate on laptimes, it's just to test the wet option (this time it was Thiago Valério's carset).

I'd like to see your opinions, I ask anybody who can to try the files.

These files are for driving wih F7 enabled.
Attachments
test-chinawet.zip
(20.61 KiB) Downloaded 544 times
test-melbourne09.zip
(21 KiB) Downloaded 564 times
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
MaxX
GP2 Star

Re: Let's make a season package for F1 2009

Post by MaxX »

I already made a playable 2009er GP2 (I copy the whole GP2 folder and patch anything from menuscreens, tracks and cars for a good availability of some years) but I don`t mind the accurate laptimes to be honest ;) Ok, I need to make the menuscreens, but I`m too lazy at the moment.

I like the idea, hope this can be done =D>
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

I agree with you that accurate laptimes are not very important. But it's too use to get them, so I think it's a nice feature to have.

The really important idea is to avoid that effect of you being too fast in a track and too slow in others compared with the ccs.

I know how to configure everything to have fair races, but I think there are some people who don't, specially those who are not patchers and don't use this forum.

Sometime ago I've played a season in GP3 2K with Belini packages and it's very nice when you can install it and go play without the need to configure anything.

And I think it would be fantastic if you make the menuscreens :)
Early 90s F1 forever!
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Everybody having good races without trouble sounds good and making the tracks fitting best into their slot is also a very great thing.

The problem in releasing such screens is the copyright of the photographer, so I didn`t release the menuscreens I made for 2k7 and 2k8 ;)
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Here's a preliminar file for Bahrain. I've used the same setup as Melbourne and I didn't test it too much.

Anyway, what matters for now is to see what you people think about the difficult level. Did anyone test it?

Regards
Attachments
test-bahrain09.zip
(20.34 KiB) Downloaded 533 times
Early 90s F1 forever!
AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »

rremedio wrote:Hi guys!

Here's the idea: a package with updated data for all races of 2009, so the user may download it and it does an auto configuration of GP2 correcting slots, laptimes, balancing difficulty level for all tracks etc...
Great idea, that would be fantastic.

I have installed everything.
It feels very good and I like the wet weather simulation.

But I need much more Time for testing, at the moment I can only say:" I am a lame driver"
Maybe we should make a beginners package. :wink:

We need more testdriver !
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

AAS wrote:
rremedio wrote:Hi guys!

Great idea, that would be fantastic.

I have installed everything.
It feels very good and I like the wet weather simulation.

But I need much more Time for testing, at the moment I can only say:" I am a lame driver"
Maybe we should make a beginners package. :wink:

We need more testdriver !
Thank you Andreas! I can't do it without testers.

But GP2 Slots and Tyre Editor now has a tool to configure the ccgrip for all slots, it makes you able to configure the difficult level. It will be useful to make the package playable to all levels.

Did you notice the laptimes improving as the car become lighter during the race?

The next step is to correct layouts and cclines for Sepang and Barcelona becouse they are not good (specially Sepang).

Regards!
Early 90s F1 forever!