Le Mans Series 2008

Here you can present your WIP or new cars and/or stuff you made for GP2
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Re: Le Mans Series 2008

Post by V12-Power »

That sounds good! The tracks are a good choice, although I miss Laguna Seca. ;-) It'll be a hard challenge to finish in the top3, but with some driving ability it'll be possible to finish on the podium.

Btw: this weekend I made some good progress with the LM carset again. :D
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

I'm really excited about this!!! I love sportscar racing on GP2!

I'm inventing my own championships to play at home based on other people's carsets.

Also I'm making a rather mediocre V8 Supercars carset based on the famous ATCC 2000 carset that was F1-ised, and the recent BTCC 2008 set.

It's awful, but somebody might wanna play on it, so how would i post it on GP2, and which two people do I need to thank??
Find me on @jakesansonofficial or www.jakesanson.com
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Come and play the RRML using Grand Prix 2 via Downforce Racing YouTube channel!
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

The BTCC carset is mine (Dan Richards), never heard of the ATCC carset though! To post it on the site simply e-mail it to Andreas Schulz, his e-mail address should be on the grandprix2.de homepage.

Glad to see someone else is having a bash at something different, I'm also planning on a V8 Supercars set but it won't see light of day for some time yet.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Greyhead wrote:The BTCC carset is mine (Dan Richards), never heard of the ATCC carset though! To post it on the site simply e-mail it to Andreas Schulz, his e-mail address should be on the grandprix2.de homepage.

Glad to see someone else is having a bash at something different, I'm also planning on a V8 Supercars set but it won't see light of day for some time yet.
There's a link to the ATCC page in the Links section of grandprix2.de

And your BTCC set is great, Dan! Thank you very much! BTCC is one of my favourite series.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Thanks rremedio! BTCC fans keep an eye out early next year, something in the pipeline for you.

Just had a look at the ATCC page, some useful stuff on there that I didn't know about! Thanks for the tip-off.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
tmc
GP2 Starter

Post by tmc »

V12-Power wrote:It'll be a hard challenge to finish in the top3, but with some driving ability it'll be possible to finish on the podium.
First race is done. After starting 3rd on the grid i was very optimistic to finish on the podium (maybe too optimistic, so i didnt spent much time in searching a very good setup). That and the high weight of the car, make me do some little mistakes and two big ones (i lost over 1 minute to get out of the gravel) so after 46 rounds, i finished ... 17th :oops: But the first 20 laps i could go with the speed of one of the Audis, who finished 3rd. Than my concentration began to sink...

Maybe Sentul is also not a good start for the season. The two hairpins are fun, but the very slow chicane destroys the flow of the circuit.

However, i'm looking forward for the second race... Autopolis. Beautiful Track. :P
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

Maybe the carset will be ready for your next race. Everything is complete, except some logos on one car and one menu-art. I hope that the rest will be done very soon!
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

DONE!
Tomorrow I will look over it again and then send it to Andreas.
Here are some screenshots:
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

Amazing, once again... :shock:
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

Ther is nothing other possible than :shock: :shock: =D> =D> !
The green/white car looks brilliant :wink:
- . -
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Loving the RML Lola (I think it's RML anyway, the red, white and blue #25 car). This is going to be a quality carset!
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

Oh WOW!

Best carset I've seen yet!!
Can't wait to get my hands on it!!!

STUNNING work, maestro!
Find me on @jakesansonofficial or www.jakesanson.com
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Come and play the RRML using Grand Prix 2 via Downforce Racing YouTube channel!
tmc
GP2 Starter

Post by tmc »

Yeeehaaaw! Very, very beautiful! Image

I think i will restart my LMS-Season with this Carset... :mrgreen:
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

FANTASTIC! :yes:
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!