Better wet racing in GP2

Here you can post everything that fits in the topic "GP2 Screenshots & GP2 Patcher"
Aerond
GP2 Starter

Better wet racing in GP2

Post by Aerond »

Hi there;

I'm trying to get to do better wet racing in GP2. Gp2wet is a good start, but I was wondering if it's somehow possible to "force" the game to show for every car the water leak failure smoke, continously, to simulate some kind of spray effect.

Alternatively, or in addition to this, what grip values should be set in rremedio's to simulate wet races?
samsepi0l
GP2 Racer

Re: Better wet racing in GP2

Post by samsepi0l »

I don't know how well the smoke animation would work.. You'd need to get rid of the fire, and it would be kind of silly looking with all of the cars doing this.
ismael
GP2 Racer

Post by ismael »

I have no ideia.

I'm happy to consider it, though. Yes, it wouldn't bee that serious, but, come on. If we want spray, why not imagine that smoke as spray?
And why would you get ride of the fire? That would be your wet race rear end red light :lol: :lol:

For almost 8 years now I've been pondering to create a "definitive" Windows XP solution; eventually I'll do some serious wet weather racing in GP2
Aerond
GP2 Starter

Post by Aerond »

samsepi0l wrote:
18.12.2022, 09:50
I don't know how well the smoke animation would work.. You'd need to get rid of the fire, and it would be kind of silly looking with all of the cars doing this.
As far as I know, the water leak animation does not have fire (or at least I have never seen it); the engine failure animation has fire.
MalteseFalcon
GP2 Newbie

Post by MalteseFalcon »

Interesting idea!
I think you're right about the water leak animation not showing fire. Hopefully you'll find someone to help you with this. :)
samsepi0l
GP2 Racer

Post by samsepi0l »

I had my wires crossed- I forgot the smoke and fire animations were different. A water animation would need to be a little wider though- almost we need 2 thin ones where the tires are.