mute dosbox ???

Here you can present your WIP or new cars and/or stuff you made for GP2
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

mute dosbox ???

Post by roland ratzenberger »

hello guys. i just want to make a quick question

i am a classic rock and metal fanatic. these days i find a lot of pleasure by listening to music and play games or relax in my bed. I want to do the same with gp2 but because of the car sound this is not possible :D :D :D . so my question is this.. how can i mute dosbox so that i can play the game without sound so that i can listen to my favorite music while playing..

i know the question is somehow weird.. but :D :D :D :D i would love a response anyway :D :D
MaxX
GP2 Star

Re: mute dosbox ???

Post by MaxX »

Hm, good question.

Google showed that one, there should be a nosound=true Option in dosbox.conf -> https://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?t=8175

Else you could try to disable or misconfig the Sound with the original setup.exe of gp2

Or use a virtual machine for dosbox or your Smartphone

That are my first ideas :D
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

Post by roland ratzenberger »

I find a solution by my self which was way too easy to think but my idiot mind did not find it earlier . When you open gp2 in dosbox you can then minimize dosbox windom. Right click on the sound icon ...choose volume mixer and put dos box sound to zero. Then i had a nice race in monza with toto hold the line song on the background which i tottaly enjoyed :D :wink:
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Yes, that's another solution 😀👍