Error message

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
MTSElectro
GP2 Newbie

Error message

Post by MTSElectro »

Help needed please - an error message saying "Failed to Patch JAM File." has started popping up when I go to upload the carset to the game from GP2Edit. I'm not aware of any changes I've made to my game files so not sure why this has started happening.
279272723_3046668585555826_4519740442171744637_n (1) (1) (1).jpg
MTSElectro | Retro Racing Manager's League | Motorsport enthusiast and gamer | Adores motorsport, cue sports and Gerry Anderson
MaxX
GP2 Star

Re: Error message

Post by MaxX »

Hm, hard to tell without deeper information.

The problems I encountered where either that GP2edit had a problem with the path or the color palette setting :-k It might also be that one of the cars has a wrong palette, does patching a single car bitmap work?
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Re: Error message

Post by rremedio »

While exporting, uncheck the boxes for the front and rear wheels in the "Teams and Drivers Graphics" section of the export page. If that way you can export without errors, it means the jam files for the wheels in your gamejams folder don't follow the original size and position (very common with custom wheels), so you need to replace them with the original ones (in the gamejams folder) before exporting from GP2Edit. That's the most likely issue, but if you still get the error with the wheels unchecked, it means you have a problem with another jam or one of the car paintings.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!