Wheel/Tyre exporting

Here you can present your WIP or new cars and/or stuff you made for GP2
DaSilva82
GP2 Starter

Wheel/Tyre exporting

Post by DaSilva82 »

Hey guys,

this is an old GP2 issue wich I could solve in the past but somehow I got stuck.
I downloaded the new 2020 carset and I want to put in the new Pirelli tyres that came with it.
As most of us know, when you export these tyres with GP2edit, the bug of flickering rear tyres occur because the tyre-jams textures are wrong sized which happens when exporting tires which are wider than original with GP2edit.
The solution is to manually put the jam files in the gp2/gamejams folder. But then the bmp files have to be converted to jam files.
I know that there is a way to do this but how was it done??
Can anyone help me with this.
The winner ain't the one with the fastest car, it's the one who refuses to lose.
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Re: Wheel/Tyre exporting

Post by rremedio »

The easiest way would be to find jam files with the same texture dimensions as the one in the carset, put them in your gamejams folder and then export the jams from the carset with GP2Edit. If that's not possible, maybe the carset author has working jams they can share?

The workaround is manually building the jam with jameditor. You will need to cut each texture from the bmps and create the jams with all textures and correct jam_ids and configurations (your can check other tire jams from original GP2 or from the download section to get the correct configurations). It is a boring and long process.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
DaSilva82
GP2 Starter

Post by DaSilva82 »

rremedio wrote:
25.12.2020, 16:32
The easiest way would be to find jam files with the same texture dimensions as the one in the carset, put them in your gamejams folder and then export the jams from the carset with GP2Edit. If that's not possible, maybe the carset author has working jams they can share?

The workaround is manually building the jam with jameditor. You will need to cut each texture from the bmps and create the jams with all textures and correct jam_ids and configurations (your can check other tire jams from original GP2 or from the download section to get the correct configurations). It is a boring and long process.
Thnx for the feedback Roberto. I did export the jam files after I put in manually the wheels with the same texture. And it worked, no more flickering tyres.
But now the colors are incorrect.
Schermopname (50).png
Schermopname (51).png
The 2nd attachment shows the wheels when I import them right after I exported them. They look like this in the game too. Any idea how this can happen?
The winner ain't the one with the fastest car, it's the one who refuses to lose.
DaSilva82
GP2 Starter

Post by DaSilva82 »

Problem solved!