The NL² 2010 Carset Topic

Here you can present your WIP or new cars and/or stuff you made for GP2
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

Re: The NL² 2010 Carset Topic

Post by roland ratzenberger »

well after hearing that i cant say that i am in the best mood i could be ... despite that i tottaly understand the reasons of this choice and by my side i want to say a big thank you to all of you guys for making these great carsets which give us (and me of course) great hours of fun and keep gp2 alive ... realy a big big thank you ... at least i hope not to close down the site..this site is something like gate to the past.. with this i mean tha is great to download previous year carset and remind our childhood..that is all from me ... and thanks again for all your great work all these years =D> =D> =D>
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

Also from my side: Thank you very much for supplying us with this top-stuff over the past years. I remember the first DJS carsets and the EVDJS(R) carsets. Back there they were the best available and I played GP2 with them a lot. As far as I remember, a bit later Tim's first carsets came out. His carsets (in my personal opinion) improved over the years, so that at one time some his works were better than DJS in some points and some DJS works where better than Tim's in some points. And then NL² was founded, mixed the best of both and gave us 4 seasons of perfect F1-carsets for GP2. I always loved to analyse the bitmaps in the car-editor ;-) and to use the carsets of course.

Somehow I have the feeling, that with this step not only the time of NL² is over, but also the time of Grand Prix 2. Wow, we really got old with that game... and I enjoyed it. :-)
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

I can very much sympathise with Tim and David, personally I've found the motivation to work on stuff for GP2 has been waning in recent months, not because I'm too busy but simply because I don't really enjoy it any more. I guess as we get older other things take priority.
Cheers for the great work lads =D> =D>
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
Peze
GP2 Gamer

Post by Peze »

Thank you for the carsets, the most popular thing in GP2 today =D> And thank you TDK for the tracks. Without time or joy of doing things, why to do it? On my side of (GP2 track) editing, it will too end eventually and that may not be that far, mainly for the lack of time, which editing takes plenty.
zenrique.viana
GP2 Newbie

Post by zenrique.viana »

Hello guys!

First of all, I would like to thank you for all the sensational carsets you did during all those years, and every moment of fun that they have given us.

I am saddened by the decision of you and I understand that the older we get, the less time we have.

But I want to make a request, a suggestion: how about you make just two carsets each year, one early in the season, and one in the end, adding only the drivers who went through the season. So you do not spend so much time and not leave us orphans.

Think fondly.

A big hug to you, Tim and Erik!

Zé Henrique
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

zenrique.viana wrote:Hello guys!

First of all, I would like to thank you for all the sensational carsets you did during all those years, and every moment of fun that they have given us.

I am saddened by the decision of you and I understand that the older we get, the less time we have.

But I want to make a request, a suggestion: how about you make just two carsets each year, one early in the season, and one in the end, adding only the drivers who went through the season. So you do not spend so much time and not leave us orphans.

Think fondly.

A big hug to you, Tim and Erik!

Zé Henrique
Your suggestion its not good [-X Carset after each race remains the best choice :)

By the way as you can see Im younger but Im play this game and Im motivated to make for this game a lot of things so GP2 will never die 8)
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

First of all I`d like to thank you for all your great work in the past years! Being able to have races in the current season was just a hilarous fact and raised the replaying value in an exorbitant way. =D>

You just didn`t only provide great F1 carsets, many custom cars are also based on your work or use some textures. I think, without you we wouldn`t also have that much nice fictional cars :wink:

I fully understand your motivation to stop that work, of course I am also sad about this. I wish you the best in RL :)

Currently my old XP PC with all my GP2 seasons makes problems, so I wasn`t able to play GP2 the last weeks anyway. I also didn`t find the time to fix that issue, but I`ll be back to enjoy your latest additions soon :D
Last edited by MaxX on 20.10.2010, 12:39, edited 1 time in total.
Shadowcat
GP2 Newbie

Post by Shadowcat »

I am really, really sad to hear this. I hope other people will continue your work. I would, but I lack the skill/knowledge to, sadly.

EDIT: Will you still visit this forum? I bet people tht want to make carsets can learn a lot from you.
zenrique.viana
GP2 Newbie

Post by zenrique.viana »

@TdK and EVD

What programs do you use to make cars? Only paint or something more sophisticated?

And the helmets are the same programs?

Thanks
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Well....that's news we didn't want to hear, but we must understand...

Thank you very much guys! There were so many years of great works and support to the community. =D>

I hope you guys stick around at the forums.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

@zenrique.viana: It's not Erik (EVD) who made these carsets, it's David (DJS). Erik "retired" from GP2-editing back in 2006.
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

I too think its a good idea to say how step by the step you are making this carsets and which programs you use :) It will be very useful for future modders like me and all this people 8)
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

zenrique.viana wrote:But I want to make a request, a suggestion: how about you make just two carsets each year, one early in the season, and one in the end, adding only the drivers who went through the season. So you do not spend so much time and not leave us orphans.
Keeping up with the F1 and drivers and teams in general is the hardest part. It starts at the beginning to make 12 teams. Nowadays each car is changed each race, and a few drivers change their helmets every race or 2 or 3 times a season.

I personally think it will take more energy to make 2 sets and keep them high on quality, than making 16 of them. Just like many people said (Fridtjof), you improve your work quality over the years. During a season you also improve a car or helmet. Take our first carset of this year, and compare a car to the one we made a week ago... You'll see what i mean....
zenrique.viana wrote:What programs do you use to make cars?
I used MS Paint and Adobe Photoshop 5. Photoshop just for rescaling bitmaps/logo's from the web, and paint for making all. Helmets and cars, pixel by pixel.
V12-Power wrote:Somehow I have the feeling, that with this step not only the time of NL² is over, but also the time of Grand Prix 2.
I really don't hope so... That would be a sad ending. :(
Greyhead wrote:Cheers for the great work lads =D> =D>
Your welcome guys, we (at least i did) made the sets and tracks with lots of enjoyment. In 2006 i almost wanted to quit because of the same reasons i have now, but through a good collaboration with DJS this game kept me going on,.... untill now.
Shadowcat wrote:Will you still visit this forum? I bet people tht want to make carsets can learn a lot from you.
I will try to visit it sometimes. But this year for an example, i only visit it once a month...
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

TdK are retiring from the bussiness :?: :( You are the best modder for this game NO WAY [-o<

What we will do without you :?:
DEHUMANIZER95
GP2 Racer

Post by DEHUMANIZER95 »

I hope TDK will come back soon for the carset 2011 :D