Valencia´s new cc-line and Autopolis short track

Here you can present your WIP or new cars and/or stuff you made for GP2
Wilian Souza
GP2 Newbie

Valencia´s new cc-line and Autopolis short track

Post by Wilian Souza »

Hello, guys.

I´m new at this forum, but I´m very fan of the Grand Prix 2 game, and I´ve been learning about creating new tracks for it. I have two WIPs, two new track: One is a fictional track made in the streets of a city close to mine, and the other is the current Charade track. Both tracks are finished in layout heights and cc-line, but scenery editing is still at the beginning because I´m still struggling on editing scenery ribbons and textures.

I´d like to present the cc-line update for Thomas Kost´s Valencia track. I´ve heard from rremedio he was created another cc-line update for the same track, but as he´s too busy to send his version to me and I needed a better cc-line for it urgently because I´m organizing a GP2 Champ, then I started making one by myself. Except at turn 1, which the original CC was maintened, the cc-line is totally new.

Results were great. I´ve run a qualifying session only with cc-cars in both cc-lines and noticed the cc-car laptimes are about 2 seconds faster in the new one. The most notable gain was in the S at the start of the 3rd sector, on which the cars were about 70 km/h faster at the apex. In the image below you can notice the new cc-line, besides that it improved cornering in many points, is much easier to be followed.

I´ve also edited some camera views in the track.

Another track mod I´ve done was the shorter version of Autopolis, ~3 km length, created from the original TdK´s track. Many of the original cc-line remianed untouched, the most of the modifications were on the last trun, obviously. For the it, I tried to keep the ribbons in the same aspect found on the original track and edited verge.jam to add more textures for the track junctions. It has some modifications on the texture of fences in Turn 1, too. See the pictures:

Image Image Image

Now I wish it could be published on grandprix2.de with all credits to the original authors. How can I do this?
TdK
GP2 Pro

Re: Valencia´s new cc-line and Autopolis short track

Post by TdK »

Wilian Souza wrote:Now I wish it could be published on grandprix2.de with all credits to the original authors. How can I do this?
Add a "Gp2form.txt" file within your *.zip file for the track. Add a line within the Gp2form.txt file which says something like: Thanks to, or thanks for, credits go to, original track made by, etc.. =D>

Within the trackeditor you can enter your name behind the authors name in the "Track name (GP2INFO)" screen. This will be shown in Gp2 (if people use Gp2Lap), so everyone can see who made the track and updates. :)
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Hey Willian! Welcome to our forum!

Sorry about that...I was really busy and I didn't remember I've had promised to send you the ccline.

I was thinking to release it soon, but I didn't do it yet becouse it needs some bug fixes becouse TKs track is too wide and I've tightened it. This caused some graphical bugs (grid lines in worng position, pit buildings in wrong position). It can be fixed in some minutes, but I've been a little lazy.

For those who don't know, Willians is a nice guy from Brazil and he has created a nice new hotlap competition some months ago.

I hope he enjoys this role as track editor, becouse we need more people.

Tim just forgotten one point, you need to send the file to Andreas. andreas_schulz2002@yahoo.com

Regards
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
Wilian Souza
GP2 Newbie

Post by Wilian Souza »

Thank you Roberto and Tim, I´ll be sending the files soon.
Peze
GP2 Gamer

Post by Peze »

Welcome, Vilian!

About that CC-line image: is it screenshot from Paul Hoads track editor, and if so, how is cc-line drawn correctly?
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

rremedio wrote:Tim just forgotten one point, you need to send the file to Andreas. andreas_schulz2002@yahoo.com
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

Peze wrote:About that CC-line image: is it screenshot from Paul Hoads track editor, and if so, how is cc-line drawn correctly?
That's what i was wondering too!? :?
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Looks like a tool that draws the line used by the car in a hotlap.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!