WTCC car set

Here you can present your WIP or new cars and/or stuff you made for GP2
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Re: WTCC car set

Post by Greyhead »

Yeah I tried all sorts of weights for player and cc-cars, I found i had to make the player car weigh more as it accelerated much more quickly out of slow corners than the cc-cars otherwise! It might just be a quirk of my car setups or something but it's no fun winning by unrealistic margins just because the car happens to be miles faster than all the others.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

With my setups I have the problem that the cc-cars accelerate better and have a better topspeed than I can ever reach. I'm minimum 3 seconds faster than they are. Probably I'm using to much wing, but if I would reduce it the handling in the corners would get even more bad.
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

If you guys send me information about top speeds and speeds at corners at some tracks I can make the physics for you as I'm making this for the 67 and 50 F1 carsets and it looks very good.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

A few screenshots of Andy Priaulx's 2007 BMW here for your delectation and delight. Or disgust, possibly.
Attachments
Priaulx side.JPG
Priaulx side.JPG (5.82 KiB) Viewed 15142 times
Priaulx front.JPG
Priaulx front.JPG (4.15 KiB) Viewed 15143 times
Priaulx back.JPG
Priaulx back.JPG (3.72 KiB) Viewed 15141 times
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

Hmm, I have the "feeling", that something with the radiator grill is not completely right. It looks more like the grill from the previous model. The outer edges on top of it should be more pointed. I think this at least (after analysing and comparing to photos).

And maybe the front lights are a bit to wide. I know they have to be, because you want them to "go round the corner", but maybe you could try to make them a little bit less wide. (My english is reaching it's limitations)

I had the same proportion problems with the Peugeot sportscar some days ago. It looked familiar, but not identic. So I heavily revised the whole front.

The wheels look much better now. What do you think of adumbrate the side mirrors at the side windows!?

Please take my words as suggestion, not as critic. ;-) Because all in all I like the cars a lot (tough my setup problems --> maybe you could attach your setup(s) to the next version).
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

The lights are definitely too wide, the problem is with the front wheels bizarrely. Really they should be more forward (the lights on the real car wrap around almost to the wheelarch) but this distorts the wheel too much, so I reckon this is a decent compromise. Also the flag design at the front has changed how the lights look, it makes them look too big! It's not too bad with the lighter coloured flags (I've drawn Farfus' BMW as well with a light green flag and that looks OK).

As for the wheels, that's all to do with Paint.NET. Before I used an ancient version of Paint Shop Pro (version3 I think, which was designed for Windows 3.1!) to shrink the wheels down and it wasn't exactly the most powerful bit of kit around. Paint.NET is a hell of a lot better.
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Hey, just a quick update since I haven't posted in this topic for a while. After a brief hiatus (I got a bit bored with it, to be honest) both carsets (2006 and 2007) are back on, I've done most cars except the SEATs for both carsets. Got quite a few cars done for 2006 that I didn't do in the original Beta-version so most of the big jobs are done. I won't give a release date (as I always get them wrong) but with any luck they should be around soon...
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Hey everyone. I noticed that FK wondered in another forum what was happening with the WTCC carsets. Well, the answer is, not much. I've not done a lot of work on them to be honest, maybe drawn three cars since the last update in March! I've had a hell of a lot going on lately including a relationship break-up, different shifts at work, massive bouts of depression, and a suicide attempt, so understandably GP2 hasn't been at the forefront of my concerns. I'm back on the mend now though, so hopefully I should start getting on with it again.
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

I'm very sorry to hear those bad news! I hope everything will get right again very soon!
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Quick update on things: All the saloon-shape cars are finished, so basically I've just got to draw the SEATs for 2006 and 2007 and both seasons will be done.

Also I've been experimenting with the carshape. I enclose a picture, anyone notice the new development?
Attachments
Experiment.JPG
Experiment.JPG (3.88 KiB) Viewed 14985 times
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

Greyhead wrote:anyone notice the new development?
Mirrors? :P
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

Awesome!! That looks much better now! A car with no mirrors is like a human without ears, something is missing. ;-)

Maybe I you can add them on my LMS-carshape!? :D

I'm exited to see what you improved to the previous cars! Good news that you made such a big progress! :)
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Correct answer Tim, ten points to you!

The mirrors were pretty simple really, I realised that none of the suspension components were being used so I just used the upper wishbones of the front and rear suspension to make them.

I'm having a look at your LMS carshape now FK, I'll send you the results later this week. The only problem is that you have to paint the suspension back into the car bitmaps, but I'll send you a bitmap file to paste into them.

Edit: I just tried it out on the LMS car, for some reason only part of the mirror actually shows up. I'm sure it's just a mistake on my part, I'll keep trying!
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

How does this look?
Attachments
Mirrors.JPG
Mirrors.JPG (3.59 KiB) Viewed 14923 times
DJS
GP2 Racer

Post by DJS »

The pic is a bit tiny, but I think you've done some excellent work, Dan.
DJS Exclusive - Proud member of team NL²