Le Mans 24h 2009

Here you can present your WIP or new cars and/or stuff you made for GP2
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Le Mans 24h 2009

Post by V12-Power »

Many rumours, but also confirmed programs were written and told during the last weeks. Althoug some teams pulled out of the LMS (Audi, Epsilon-Euskadi), there will still be a big field, as there are some new teams or teams that enpand there efforts.

Concerning the 24 hours of Le Mans, there are several positive news. Audi and Epsilon-Euskadi will enter there and in addition rumours say, that there will be an Aston-Martin LMP1 entry. I made a (incomplete!) list, with the most important teams, that will (most probably) be active at the Sarthe in 2009. I marked some interesting things red.

LMP1
1. Audi Sport - Audi R15 TDI (only Sebring 12h & Le Mans 24h)
2. Peugeot - Peugeot 907 HDi FAP (probably not the full LMS-season)
3. Aston Martin - Lola B09/60 (chassis updated with Prodrive experience and also updated design, that shall remember at the Aston Martin sportscars. Again with Gulf livery)
4. Futurecom TME - Audi R10 TDI (known from DTM, Colin Kolles team will run two Audi R10 TDI in LMS and LM)
5. Epsilon Euskadi - EE2 (they reduce the program and only drive at Le Mans, Nürburgring and Silverstone)
6. Dome - Dome S102 (it's only a guess, but I think they will return to LM)
7. Speedy Sebah - Lola B08/60 Aston-Martin (ex-Charouz), Lola B08/80 (will run one LMP1 and one LMP2)
8. Charouz - Lola B09/60 (nothing confirmed yet, probably powered by Audi FSI engines (from the old R8 LMP1))
9. Pescarolo - Pescarolo (no engine confirmed, one ore two cars)
10. Oreca - Courage LC70 Aim (teams up with japanese-engine-builder Aim, who supplied Creation last year)
14. Acura - Acura ARX-02a (the new Acura LMP1-car (looks great). But Acura already announced, that they won't start at LM. But maybe (hopefully) plans will change ;-) Click here for a pic!)

LMP2
11. Racing Box - Lola B08/80 (the team will field two closed LMP2-Lolas)
12. RML - Lola B08/80 Mazda (one car)
13. Saulnier - Pescarolo Mazda (two cars)

In addition there will be some teams with Courage and Zytek chassis. If we will se a Porsche RS Spyder again, is not clear at the moment...

Ah, and by the way, case you wonder why I opened this thread in the "workingarea": Probably I will make a carset for LM 09, because this line-up seems to be even better than the one in 2008 (which was already great).
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
TdK
GP2 Pro

Re: Le Mans 24h 2009

Post by TdK »

Indeed the 2008 carset Le Mans looks great, and can't say anything else than;

give it a try in 2009! :P
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

Interesting to hear that there will be customer-entered R10s now, after all - what I read in previous weeks and months sounded to me like Audi thought, unlike the R8, that model was supposedly too complex to be entered by a non-works team. I guess after some negotiating, this isn't an absolute position anymore. :)

It's a very nice development for LMS, too, because now, Peugeot doesn't have to run basically uncompeted, like 2007...

I'm looking forward to that Aston Martin LMP1 entry for Le Mans as well.
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
tmc
GP2 Starter

Post by tmc »

Seems that the beautiful Epsilon will only start at the LMSeries after the 24 hours of Le Mans. So, i wont see them in Spa... :|

But apart of that, i can hardly expect the first race... :mrgreen:
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Just veering off-topic slightly, anyone watching the Daytona 24 Hours? I always find this race interesting, you get an even better mix of drivers than at Le Mans, and obviously it's got the history of Le Mans cars going there in the past. Shame you don't get to see Audi v. Peugeot there, that would be awesome seeing these two battling on the banking! The current breed of Daytona Prototypes are so weird-looking.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

i've seen the prototype Aston Martin LMP1 Prodrive too! Nice colors. Really old school schedule, in a modern shape! 8)
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

Today the first spy-pics of the new Audi R15 have appeared in the www. Here are some links:

Sidehttp://www.motorsport-aktuell.com/sonst ... -8075.html
Fronthttp://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/73231
Rearhttp://www.sportautomoto.it/preview/spo ... tauto.html

I guess with the silver/red/black livery the car will look pretty good, without it, it looks not that good I think.
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

The new Audi does look good.

Anybody working on some new sportscars? I am currently working on some nice GTs for a fictional carset that we can all mess about with. Don't mock my shabby work because I know it's awful, and I don't have the same patience as Greyhead or V12 Power to get the front and rear of the cars looking accurate.
Find me on @jakesansonofficial or www.jakesanson.com
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Come and play the RRML using Grand Prix 2 via Downforce Racing YouTube channel!
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

jakesanson wrote:Anybody working on some new sportscars?
Yes! The new Audi R15 testcar is ready now, together with a 2009-spec carshape and menu-arts. Next car to finish is the RML-Mazda.

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

Nice work again V12 Power!!

I'm going to release some of my GTs although I fear people won't like them...
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

When I saw the picture Audi put out after this "spy photos!11" stuff, I was immediately reminded of this, uh, former competitor car. :mrgreen:
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

Is anybody planning some classic sportscars from say 1996 Le Mans onwards? That would be sweet.....

V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

jakesanson wrote:I'm going to release some of my GTs although I fear people won't like them...
I'm really looking forward to this! :thumbsup:
AD wrote:When I saw the picture Audi put out after this "spy photos!11" stuff, I was immediately reminded of this, uh, former competitor car. :mrgreen:
Indeed, without knowing that the R15 is an Audi, you might think it is the new WR (although they've build a new car last year, that looks different).
jakesanson wrote:Is anybody planning some classic sportscars from say 1996 Le Mans onwards? That would be sweet.....
I'm actually working on a 1998 FIA-GT/Le Mans set, which includes all GT1 cars that drove in FIA-GT (Persson, Zakspeed) and Le Mans (Toyota, Nissan). To have enough cars my plan is to include the Oreca-Viper and the Marcos LM600 as well. But beside this I am working on 3 other carsets, so it may take some time. :(
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

Can't wait to see your work!

All I have done with the GTs is basically give those that didn't have any sponsorship some more racing trim. The Aston Martin doesn't have any sponsors (because when did it??..) and I think the Ferrari is probably my best effort. It's based on a yellow 1997 Ferrari F1 car i found on the gprix2.com website years ago. The Pagani looks quite nice too.

Wherever possible, I have tried to make these cars look authentic, although with some I have kinda made up my own teams. I know they're not great and I am trying to do better, but here's what I have so far...
D2 Pagani Zonda LM.JPG
D2 Pagani Zonda LM.JPG (10.53 KiB) Viewed 16379 times
Gulf Davidoff McLaren F1.JPG
Gulf Davidoff McLaren F1.JPG (10.63 KiB) Viewed 16379 times
Attachments
Konrad Lamborghini Murcielago.JPG
Konrad Lamborghini Murcielago.JPG (9.75 KiB) Viewed 16378 times