[WIP] GP2 Fan Carset 2008 car - Minarae

Here you can present your WIP or new cars and/or stuff you made for GP2
MaxX
GP2 Star

[WIP] GP2 Fan Carset 2008 car - Minarae

Post by MaxX »

I`m currently working on adapting my "classic" Minarae livery for the new 2008er shape by nl² and this will be my contribution for this set :)

Due I used some parts of the nl² 2008 carset I kindly ask for permission to release that thing when it`s done. Here are some ingame screenies

DJS
GP2 Racer

Re: [WIP] GP2 Fan Carset 2008 car - Minarae

Post by DJS »

The car looks great, really good! =D>

You have permission to release it. O:)
DJS Exclusive - Proud member of team NL²
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Thank you very much :)
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

MäxX wrote:Thank you very much :)
You have mine too. (Answer to your PM) :D
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Thank you, then I`ll package it and send the stand alone version to Andreas and wait for further info for the gp2fans carset 2008 :D
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

I've downloaded you car and it was very nice to read your comments on the cars.

My favorite livery is the 2007 one. I just don't agree that a Minarae must be green as you said becouse it was my favorite car in Super Monaco GP2 just becouse of it's nice colours (yellow and dark brown). :P

But your green cars also look nice.

I've just got inspired by the reading and cars and maybe I'll restart my fantasy season project when I have some time (and finish my long unfinished projects).

Very cool that you still have your car from 96! I still have the first Caccere from 2001, but lots of files from that time up to now are lost in the void (specially a GP3 car I loved so much).
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

Nice story of the livery developement! :)
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Thank you for the comments :D

Maybe I should have written my GP2 Minarae should be green :P , the SMGP Minarae of course must be yellow :wink: Allthough I`m not sure if it was Yellow/White in SMGP1 and Black/Yellow in SMGP2. I`ll check it this evening 8)
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

MäxX wrote:Thank you for the comments :D

Maybe I should have written my GP2 Minarae should be green :P , the SMGP Minarae of course must be yellow :wink: Allthough I`m not sure if it was Yellow/White in SMGP1 and Black/Yellow in SMGP2. I`ll check it this evening 8)
That's right...and if my memory don't fail me, SMGP2 Minarae had the same colours than SMGP1 Orchis...oh, how I've loved those games :D
Early 90s F1 forever!
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

That`s right, the SMGP2 Minarae is black/yellow and the Orchis is yellow/black. Even the 2 drivers Nono and Tegner look very similar :lol:

But a ficitional carset from you would definitaly be a contribution, I like your painting style :D
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

MäxX wrote:That`s right, the SMGP2 Minarae is black/yellow and the Orchis is yellow/black. Even the 2 drivers Nono and Tegner look very similar :lol:

But a ficitional carset from you would definitaly be a contribution, I like your painting style :D
They look like twin brothers... :lol:

About a fantasy carset, it will happen in the future. It already exists and I have the schedule for my season ready. But it needs some changes and a lot of improvement before is done. And I won't focus on it at this moment.

I like the idea of a fantasy carset becouse I'm never satisfied if my "real racing series" races are not VERY realistic and I spend more time making configurations than driving. With a fantasy carset I can just race. Also, designing liveries is very fun for me.
Early 90s F1 forever!
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

They must be brothers :lol:

tbh I spent most of my GP2 time raceing with my fictional F1GP_1 carset, I also used the early 90`s set quite often and of course always the current season but a fictional carset is always interesting in the same way because it is always up to date. I remember me enjoying the races in 1996 (1996 carset) driving a Jordan as Rubens Barrichello and scoreing the first victory in Monza on Ace-Level. Today I`d rarely use the 1996 carset again :wink:

For example, the 2008 carset is amazeing, but of course in 2009 it won`t be as interesting as now due the new 2009 set :)