Cup for Peace and Friendship/International Formula Easter

Here you can present your WIP or new cars and/or stuff you made for GP2
narva93
GP2 Starter

Cup for Peace and Friendship/International Formula Easter

Post by narva93 »

As many of you guys and girls probably know, there was kinda of a F1 of the Eastern Block. Which in its most prominent edition in East Germany was simply called DDR Meisterschaften or Formel Ost.

The one, the unique, the only ANDREAS SCHULZ made a carset with a carshape including about this championship with a mix of the best drivers they had during the existence of the series.

The only flaw I saw innit, because the project itself is awesome, was that it was based only on the DDR national championships.

What I did was,therefore, change the names of some drivers so that instead of only German drivers, the drivers from other Eastern Block countries, including the ones that participated in the international version of this Formula Easter (a popular name, because eastern europe, that the championship received) are also included, and creating an international championship with rounds only in former eastern block countries, neutral countries, or countries that have good relationships with the former eastern block countries:

This is the season I am building:

International Cup for Peace and Friendship:

1-Yugoslavia '39 (Kalemegdan Park-Beograd).

2-Czechoslovakia Special-Two Nations GP (Brno)

3-San Marino '94 (Imola)

4-Ireland '05 (Leinster)

5-Catalonia '94 (Catalunya)

6-Finland 30-60 (Elantairhärata-Djurgårdensloppet)

7-Ukraine '07 (Yalta)

8-Hungary '12 (Pannoniaring)

9-West Germany '94 (Hockenheimring)

10-Czech Republic '00 (Most)

11-Suid Afrikaanse Groote Prys '05 (Aldo Scribante)

12-Nordic Council GP '05 (Lekhoven)

13-Portugal '94 (Estoril)

14- Europe '94 (Jerez)

15-China '10 (Shangai-Pudong)

16-Latvia '14 (Bikernieki)

The name of the championship, that is, International Cup for Peace and Friendship, was the official name of the international Formula Easter Championship, and it was unique in the sense that, while everybody raced with their usual teams, those didn't get points, but rather it was the national teams of each country who won points and at the end, so one of them won the title

Of course, all the credits for the set and the shape go to Andreas, I've only changed the names of the drivers and I am creating the season itself, however, if he and/or anyone wants to create original helmets of the non-german drivers and put their photos, it will be more than welcome. Will upload the result when possible. Will you guys like to try it?
El seny, si no es combina amb una ferma voluntat de combat, no és res més que una mostra de covardia.
ismael
GP2 Racer

Re: Cup for Peace and Friendship/International Formula Easter

Post by ismael »

Seems a nice idea and I'm all for it! Moreover, I've never heard of Formula Ost and you got me curious about that.
Allow me, humbly, to make a suggestion: I don't think Formula Ost would race on in South Africa under the pre-1990 regime and government. Isn't there any other track for slot 11 closer to Eastern Europe? For example, racing in Pannoniaring in slot 11 and putting a Swedish track in slot 8 (there are a couple of them, like Gellerasen Karlskoga, Dalslandring or Anderstorp). Just a suggestion.
narva93
GP2 Starter

Post by narva93 »

The circuits hosting the championship were added thinking in today's situation, not in the old one, and all of them by different reasons, but yes, it is a good idea. Will think about it, and about the category itself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formula_Easter

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formel_Easter

Do you want me to link the carset? By the way, I've tried to race the carset with different carshapes, like for example 1935 Auto Unions lol. :mrgreen:
El seny, si no es combina amb una ferma voluntat de combat, no és res més que una mostra de covardia.
Demory
GP2 Newbie

Post by Demory »

Oh, this project looks very promising!! My country also organized Formula Easter races at the Hungaroring, so much nostalgia factor! Is it dead or is there a chance of release?