strange - "100" brake markers just dissapeared after practice?

Here you can present your WIP or new cars and/or stuff you made for GP2
samsepi0l
GP2 Racer

strange - "100" brake markers just dissapeared after practice?

Post by samsepi0l »

I don't know about you guys, but every time I try and learn a new track that I've never driven on before I'm really sloppy for a few hours until I learn the track. Braking markers and finding my racing line are imperative so I can get a good 'flow' around.

Today I was trying to learn the 1978 dijon "Thomas Kost" France track I downloaded. I practiced in the first practice session for at least an hour, then went to the first qualifying session.

When I got to the end of the front straight I went right smack into the back of someone and I ran off the track because I was looking for the "100" marker and it had dissapeared? In fact, I said to myself "hmm, I must be going crazy because I could have sworn there was a 100 marker in the braking zone. I also saw that I felt a 100-sign had also dissapeared in the entrance to the very last corner before the main straight. I went on with qualifying, and did the next qualifying, warm-up and race.

I then exited the track, and went back in for a new non-championship race. In practice I went out again and the 100 marker sign was BACK!. I exited and went into qualifying and it was there again. But when I went to the next session it was gone. This is super strange....

Has anyone seen anything like this? I originally just thought I was going crazy or getting old, but I could not believe my eyes. I've never seen a track change "mid weekend" like this. I did notice that once the brake marker has dissapeared, it never comes back until you exit the race and re-load the track.
samsepi0l
GP2 Racer

Re: strange - "100" brake markers just dissapeared after practice?

Post by samsepi0l »

today I confirmed sometimes they come and go during the weekend sessions. One session they may be there, and the next gone, next back, and so on. It is seeminly random if they will appear or not. Very strange.
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

I can't remember the exact reason, but it happens sometimes. Some objects won't appear in race sessions, but they appear in practice sessions. Antonio helped me fixing one of those for Bahrain (not sure if the updated version is already released, I don't have my GP2 stuff installed right now).

Also, some jams will load in unlimited practice but not on race weekends (even practice), because the track is close to the total jam size limit and that will cause some objects to disappear.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
ismael
GP2 Racer

Post by ismael »

I'm pretty sure I've seen this bug before. I don't remember in which track, but I've seen it too.

i don't know why, but this thread brought me a wacky idea for a track: a Monza 1996 version, with those piles of tires in the Rettifilio chicanes, that lead to Damon Hill's DNF and Jacques Villeneuve 7th. IIRC, the tires were not there in the practice sessions but were put there at some stage of the weekend.

In GP2 it would be something like Monaco's walls but with the look of tires. If someone hit them, the tires would not move, unlike in real like, so they would be like concrete pillars.
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

That idea also works for the beyond awful Barcelona 94 (or was it 95?) chicane.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
ismael
GP2 Racer

Post by ismael »

rremedio wrote:
05.10.2020, 18:58
That idea also works for the beyond awful Barcelona 94 (or was it 95?) chicane.
:D :D good idea, indeed 8) although that would take the simulation all too close to reality for our taste. Personally I'm glad that Microprose did not try to emulate the 1994-only versions of Barcelona, Montreal and Spa, with the respective chicanes (all of them reactions to the deaths and other violent crashes of the beginning of the season). But it would be kind of funny to have them here.

Actually, the fast S of Barcelona is one of my weak points of my set-up for that track. It would be interesting, even if farcical, to have it changed with that horrible chicane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyXEp2M8exQ