rremedio
GP2 Legend

Re: 2019 Track Updates

Post by rremedio »

Pouco95 wrote:
28.11.2020, 03:13
rremedio wrote:
27.11.2020, 19:08
That can be fixed by moving the track to another slot or using the Slot and Tyre Editor (former Magic Data Editor). It is a problem that can happen with any track when it is loaded in slot that happens to be bad for it.
I am in mobile, the exagear don't open Slot and tyre editor
You can test how it works in other slots. My version works fine in slot 7, so the other would probably work in that slot as well. Slots 3, 4, 9, 10 and 16 would probably work fine as well.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
Pouco95
GP2 Newbie

Post by Pouco95 »

rremedio wrote:
28.11.2020, 15:05
Pouco95 wrote:
rremedio wrote:
That can be fixed by moving the track to another slot or using the Slot and Tyre Editor (former Magic Data Editor). It is a problem that can happen with any track when it is loaded in slot that happens to be bad for it.
You can test how it works in other slots. My version works fine in slot 7, so the other would probably work in that slot as well. Slots 3, 4, 9, 10 and 16 would probably work fine as well.
Slots of GP2 or about exagear ?
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Pouco95 wrote:
01.12.2020, 01:43
rremedio wrote:
Pouco95 wrote:

Slots of GP2 or about exagear ?
Track slots. The position in the game track list where you put your tracks. The original tracks are named F1CTXY.DAT where XY is the slot number, from 1 to 16. You can change the name of your .dat file to make your track run in another slot or if you use GP2Lap, you can define the file name in gp2lap.cfg for each slot.
Early 90s F1 forever!
Pouco95
GP2 Newbie

Post by Pouco95 »

rremedio wrote:
Pouco95 wrote:
rremedio wrote:
Wow Man, that's works... Really thanks (eu sou BR kk)
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

It's been a while so it is time to give an update.

I wish I haven't started this project because it is not very motivating for me since I have no personal interest in using most of these tracks, or playing the 2019 season for that matter. And there are other things I want to do that are much more interesting for me (like finishing a track I have given up a long time ago because it had a scenery too complex for my skills, but now I see how I can finish it. I also want to create a better version of Bathurst for GP2, and the current layout of Kyalami...and a dozen other tracks that I would like to have for GP2). But I think a complete "plug and play" package is something GP2 really lacks and needs (the only one I can think of is the Belini 1999 track pack, which is very nice but suffers from being from a time when the tools to create detailed tracks weren't that good...there are other track packs but those still require a lot of work fixing magic data) and one with a modern F1 carset and tracks is probably the one which will be more useful. And it will be a good base for people wanting to have the same kind of complete packages for the other recent F1 seasons.

Very little has been done in the past few months because of various reasons. But I'm starting to get the grips again and hopefully we can finish this in the next few weeks/months.

In the past few days, I checked each track for what still needs to be done.

Red Bull Ring has some graphic issues I haven't noticed before at some points where the camera reaches very far. I will probably not try to fix those as they are not always noticeable and I never intended to take too much time on any of those tracks. After I finish changing the adverts I will probably release it. I hope to fix the bug at the end of the pit exit too, but this is proving to be very hard to fix.

Hungaroring will probably be released alongside RBR. This one still uses the old ads and as I said before, I don't really care too much to update them.

Mexico City feels a bit empty right now. I'm waiting for the original author to update a few parts he wanted to change, and then I will change some parts of the ccline (which is already very useable) and add a few objects so. It won't be very detailed but I hope Antonio or the original author can update it further in the future.

Interlagos depends on Antonio being available to make it pretty lol. I don't want to release an ugly version of it but I can't really make it justice with my lazy graphical editing skills. But depending on how things go I can release it as it is right now (with a few more tweaks) and then update it later.

Suzuka is the "problem" one right now. I started updating its layout, trying to do something similar to what I did to Interlagos, but I don't like the way it turned out and I will probably need to start again.

After that, I plan to create a complete package with magic data and pit strategies (and maybe some GP2.exe files included in the package so you don't need to update the magic data and refuel rules etc if you don't want). Or maybe I will do that for the tracks that are already finished and release it and update it in the future as the other tracks get completed.
Early 90s F1 forever!
ismael
GP2 Racer

Post by ismael »

Hi RRemedio, glad to hear from you. That's all good news. I'd be all in favor of the "maybe I will do that for the tracks that are already finished and release it" option.

I look really forward for your Mexico City and Suzuka new versions. Regarding Interlagos, maybe you could consider releasing a version 0 and let Antônio do his magic later.

I have an idea. Put a grey sky and call it "Interlagos 2019 Garoa Version", where drivers are racing in a dry track, in spite of the apparent permanent threat of rain.
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

Post by roland ratzenberger »

rremedio wrote:
12.12.2020, 15:09
It's been a while so it is time to give an update.

I wish I haven't started this project because it is not very motivating for me since I have no personal interest in using most of these tracks, or playing the 2019 season for that matter. And there are other things I want to do that are much more interesting for me (like finishing a track I have given up a long time ago because it had a scenery too complex for my skills, but now I see how I can finish it. I also want to create a better version of Bathurst for GP2, and the current layout of Kyalami...and a dozen other tracks that I would like to have for GP2). But I think a complete "plug and play" package is something GP2 really lacks and needs (the only one I can think of is the Belini 1999 track pack, which is very nice but suffers from being from a time when the tools to create detailed tracks weren't that good...there are other track packs but those still require a lot of work fixing magic data) and one with a modern F1 carset and tracks is probably the one which will be more useful. And it will be a good base for people wanting to have the same kind of complete packages for the other recent F1 seasons.

Very little has been done in the past few months because of various reasons. But I'm starting to get the grips again and hopefully we can finish this in the next few weeks/months.

In the past few days, I checked each track for what still needs to be done.

Red Bull Ring has some graphic issues I haven't noticed before at some points where the camera reaches very far. I will probably not try to fix those as they are not always noticeable and I never intended to take too much time on any of those tracks. After I finish changing the adverts I will probably release it. I hope to fix the bug at the end of the pit exit too, but this is proving to be very hard to fix.

Hungaroring will probably be released alongside RBR. This one still uses the old ads and as I said before, I don't really care too much to update them.

Mexico City feels a bit empty right now. I'm waiting for the original author to update a few parts he wanted to change, and then I will change some parts of the ccline (which is already very useable) and add a few objects so. It won't be very detailed but I hope Antonio or the original author can update it further in the future.

Interlagos depends on Antonio being available to make it pretty lol. I don't want to release an ugly version of it but I can't really make it justice with my lazy graphical editing skills. But depending on how things go I can release it as it is right now (with a few more tweaks) and then update it later.

Suzuka is the "problem" one right now. I started updating its layout, trying to do something similar to what I did to Interlagos, but I don't like the way it turned out and I will probably need to start again.

After that, I plan to create a complete package with magic data and pit strategies (and maybe some GP2.exe files included in the package so you don't need to update the magic data and refuel rules etc if you don't want). Or maybe I will do that for the tracks that are already finished and release it and update it in the future as the other tracks get completed.
seems a lot interesting mate. keep us informed about the progress mate :D :D
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Red Bull Ring 2019 -> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W4W7Zh ... sp=sharing

Very empty scenery and some objects from 2000, but it is very fun to drive :)
Early 90s F1 forever!
ismael
GP2 Racer

Post by ismael »

Thanks! No suggestion of a preferred slot, is really "as you want"? Did you tested it in slot 9?
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

ismael wrote:
14.12.2020, 21:09
Thanks! No suggestion of a preferred slot, is really "as you want"? Did you tested it in slot 9?
I tested it in slot 7. The pit in/out distances work. 9 is the slot it will have in the package, but with custom magic data.
Early 90s F1 forever!
ismael
GP2 Racer

Post by ismael »

Got it, thanks.
And yes, now there is no more that "bump" after Turn 3 (they call it Turn 3 now)! Final corner seemed also really cool to go on the limit, while being careful on the kerb.
rremedio wrote:
14.12.2020, 23:43

I tested it in slot 7. The pit in/out distances work. 9 is the slot it will have in the package, but with custom magic data.
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Hungaroring 2003 ccline update -> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-z_4pQ ... sp=sharing

I won't update the graphics to 2019. But I think this is a good update for anyone running the current Hungaroring layout.
Early 90s F1 forever!
ismael
GP2 Racer

Post by ismael »

I had already tried the Hungaroring 2003 version and, ofc, this one matches what you indicated in the txt. I know you don't like it very much but it was worth it. I'm more than fine with current graphics.

I could never cope with the Original GP2 Hungaroring. I could lower the ride heights, but the understeer in the chicanes was always awful, and the kerbs horribly high. I could just aim for 3rd place as Williams nº 2 and hope for the better. Once again, and regardless of the layout change after 2003, it's amazing how much more realistic your tracks are compared with the original ones - and, in this particular case, a different and more realistic challenge. At least to me.

If someone could master Hungaroring in the original game, in Ace level, and deal with Schumacher through 77 laps, please share your stories!
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

ismael wrote:
16.12.2020, 01:59
I had already tried the Hungaroring 2003 version and, ofc, this one matches what you indicated in the txt. I know you don't like it very much but it was worth it. I'm more than fine with current graphics.

I could never cope with the Original GP2 Hungaroring. I could lower the ride heights, but the understeer in the chicanes was always awful, and the kerbs horribly high. I could just aim for 3rd place as Williams nº 2 and hope for the better. Once again, and regardless of the layout change after 2003, it's amazing how much more realistic your tracks are compared with the original ones - and, in this particular case, a different and more realistic challenge. At least to me.

If someone could master Hungaroring in the original game, in Ace level, and deal with Schumacher through 77 laps, please share your stories!
Thanks! Yeah I think it was worth it too.

I would like Hungaroring much more if not for the 2 first corners and the 2 last ones. In the original GP2 track I remember the suffering of going through those corners with old tyres. I lost many races in there lol
Early 90s F1 forever!
Antonio Pessoa
GP2 Gamer

Post by Antonio Pessoa »

=D> =D> Great to see my fellow rremedio back to the tracks!

Probably I'll attempt to start a improvement on Interlagos in few weeks. But I'm not sure when it will be done. Interlagos deserves a great and updated version for GP2
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
GP2 TrackMaker