My small projects

Here you can present your WIP or new cars and/or stuff you made for GP2
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Well, more bad news... :(

I've lost my HD with all my gp2 stuff. I just have backup for old stuff, so there's a lot of things lost. That track in the video is lost, and more 14 new fantasy tracks are also..

Also lost is an almost half-complete manager game that uses GP2 as simulation device.

Two tracks I've shown to some friends may be saved. One is the Club version of my team's track Autodromo Caccere, the other is a special track for a special GP2 event.

There are also the beta tracks we're using in FGP2 (F2 season): they are Salzburgring, Enna-Pergusa, Nogaro and Vallellunga (this one converted from gp3). You can get them in http://www.f1mania.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5036

I'll look all my DVDs and CDs to try to find some more backup...but it's very desapointing.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
Coloni
GP2 Starter

Post by Coloni »

that's bad :( I hope you will get over it and keep working on gp2

that track on youtube looked really nice, such a pity :cry:
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Thank you Harry!

At least my old gp2 cd (I have it since 2000) still works...it's a good sign 8) 8)
Early 90s F1 forever!
Ralph
GP2 Starter

Post by Ralph »

You have my sympathy rremedio. I had my main hard drive die on me after my daughter was saving a game and the power went of in the middle of it.
It stayed working long enough for me to get everything of it, except my email. It is a real pain having to reinstall everything again.

I keep copies of my GP2 stuff on a 2Gb USB memory stick, along with heaps of other stuff. I backup all my photos to two copies on "100 year" cd's. I have a directory with all of the downloaded programs that I have installed and use, so that they are easy to find if I have to install them again. I also copy everything to a second hard drive. You might think that I am paranoid, but I don't want to have to download, or replace what I know have.
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

It's a pity!

The game seems to be nice but it's gone?!? :(
- . -
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Yes, I think it's gone for now...

But there's a friend of mine working on a similar idea for GP3 (but his game is thousands times more complex). We were sharing some ideas and I think I'll only help him in his game now.

I don't know...I'm not motivated to work in GP2 anymore...If the FGP2's F2 go one to a new season I'll be happy to update my beta tracks and make the new tracks which will be needed. I also want to finish my two "survivor" tracks. But I never manage to finish my projects, so I won't start anything new for now. I guess my Leipzig track needs an update, and if I work in something for now it will be something simple like that.

We've started to play Nascar Heat online now (road tracks with muscle cars from the 60's and 70's) and I enjoy that very much...
Early 90s F1 forever!
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Re: My small projects

Post by rremedio »

I'm uploading here my FGP2 beta tracks. They are Salzburgring, Enna-Pergusa, Nogaro and Vallellunga. I don't have plans on finishing them for now, so if anybody wants to finish them, please do it. I'm just posting them here so they don't fall into oblivion.

I've also worked a little in Leipzig and I guess there will be an update soon, it's a very small update, but it will make it look very better imo.

@AAS: this Salzburgring is a little different from the one I've sent to you sometime ago, very little, but that's why I'm posting it here.

Regards!
Attachments
Betatracks.zip
Salzburgring, Enna-Pergusa, Nogaro and Vallellunga. All layouts from 1975.
(203.91 KiB) Downloaded 507 times
Early 90s F1 forever!
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

remedio wrote:I've also worked a little in Leipzig
I guess you mean on the track Leipzig or are you in germany? 8-[ :wink:
- . -
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

rremedio wrote:I'm uploading here my FGP2 beta tracks. They are Salzburgring, Enna-Pergusa, Nogaro and Vallellunga. I don't have plans on finishing them for now, so if anybody wants to finish them, please do it. I'm just posting them here so they don't fall into oblivion.
I like the Salzburgring very, very much, only the look on the layout got me warm. Is this track still existing...? Probably not... i guess... :-k
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

@HF: I mean the track :mrgreen: It needs a little update to fix some bugs in the scenery.

@TDK: this is the old layout, in 76 an "esse" section was added before the main straight, and a chicane was added later. The track is still active.
Early 90s F1 forever!
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

rremedio wrote:this is the old layout, in 76 an "esse" section was added before the main straight, and a chicane was added later. The track is still active.
I found it in the track database and on the web. The changes you said are there indeed, don't make the track worse though. Maybe i will give it a go to make this version in gp2-style.... [-( .... mmmmmm...mm..maybe :-"
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
Retset
GP2 Newbie

Post by Retset »

Fantastico works rremedio!