Super GT / JGTC

Here you can present your WIP or new cars and/or stuff you made for GP2
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Super GT / JGTC

Post by V12-Power »

Hi friends!

I mentioned in another thread once that it would be an interesting project to make a carset for the JGTC-, or as it is nowadays called, Super GT-series. There were loads of colour- and beautiful cars during the last years and I would not have been able to decide which season I should made. So I came to the conclusion that a set with the best (looking) cars of the last years would be a good solution. I hope many of you agree with this.

So actually I'm trying to figure out which cars shall be included. As it seems there should be no problems with a carshape, I'll make one for the Skyline, Impreza, NSX and one for the 350Z, 430 SC, Supra (did I miss a car?).

Here are my favourites so far:

2006 - Subaru Impreza (Cusco)

2003 - Honda NSX (Takata)

2003 - Nissan Skyline (Xanavi + Calsonic)
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
Moonrakerâ„¢
GP2 Racer

Post by Moonrakerâ„¢ »

Great idea! :D

I liek the light blue car the best.

You can only have 2 carshapes at once though right? Or am I lying here?

Whilst your at it! Make an entry for the GPRL competition!
In a time of global financial crisis... cheap motorsport is the key!! GPRL resumes in 2009!
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

Moonrakerâ„¢ wrote:You can only have 2 carshapes at once though right? Or am I lying here?
I meant it this way:
Carshape 1: Skyline, Impreza, NSX
Carshape 2: 350Z, 430 SC, Supra

Moonrakerâ„¢ wrote:Whilst your at it! Make an entry for the GPRL competition!
It's not easy to find a design with which I at least would have a chance to win. Sadly I'm not very good in making own designs... but I'm gathering ideas for a design since a week now.

What I forgot to say: If you have an idea or ideas for cars that should be included please tell me!
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

I likethis idea. The Super GT series has some spectacular-looking cars and I wish we had something like it over here in Britain! Japan gets Super GT's, Australia gets V8 Supercars, and we get... Vauxhall Vectras. Not exactly hair-raising...
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

DTM cars are quite ok I think, they maybe do not look as spectacular as the japanese GTs, but a bit more spectacular as WTCC or other more "factory-close" cars I think.

Here is a first screenshot, I invested a lot of time in making a new carshape and then in adjusting the bitmap. Guess the whole stuff you see on the pic took about 8 hours. But I'm really happy with the result for the moment.
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

Looks nice, and funny in a way... 8)
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
Moonrakerâ„¢
GP2 Racer

Post by Moonrakerâ„¢ »

That V12, looks class!!!!!!

Best "non-F1" style I've seen. I think it's helped by the colour / look of the car too, hence I said style. Not shape specifically!

It's really awesome. It's only a pity people can't make the \/\/heels look right. Like wrap the body around the \/\/heels.
In a time of global financial crisis... cheap motorsport is the key!! GPRL resumes in 2009!
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

Nice, nicer, the nicest, FK made :wink:

Good work!

BTW: You will recieve some stuff made by me till the end of the week.....
- . -
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

HF wrote:BTW: You will recieve some stuff made by me till the end of the week.....
I'm really looking forward to this! :)

After trying to make a basic-bitmap for a Honda NSX in close cooperation with making the 2nd carshape I have to say that I have enough for today. The car looks like shit, although I used the brightest red available. ;-) I think this set will be harder than the sportscar one.. :roll:
DJS
GP2 Racer

Post by DJS »

I like it a lot, it's looking really good, Fridtjof! 8)

Maybe include a PIAA NSX (Nakajima team?).
DJS Exclusive - Proud member of team NL²
Chico Landi
GP2 Starter

Post by Chico Landi »

WOW !! :o Fantastic !!!!

lets'go for a new championship for gp2 !!!!

Chico Landi ( now, Test driver !!!!! )
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

The 13 spots were filled much, much faster than I expected. In the end there were some really difficult decisions, but I think the line-up will be the following:

Nissan:
2007, Xanavi 350Z
2003, Motul Skyline GT-R
2003, Calsonic Skyline GT-R
2001, Xanavi Hiroto Skyline GT-R

Honda:
2007, Raybrig NSX
2006, ARTA NSX
2004, PIAA NSX
2003, Takata NSX

Toyota/Lexus:
2007, Zent 430 SC
2006, Bandai 430 SC
2005, Yellow Hat Supra
2005, Esso Supra

Subaru:
2006, Cusco Impreza

Subaru:
2004, AME Mazda RX-7

Really too bad that we can only use 2 carshapes. I tried to make the best out of it, the carshapes are close to finish now, but I guess there will be several smaller updates while painting the cars. Bitmaps will be very important to give the cars the right look, as the shape may sometimes only match 75%.

Carshape 1: Nissan Skyline GT-R, Subaru Impreza
Carshape 2: Honda NSX, Toyota Supra, Lexus 430 SC, Nissan 350Z

I expect/hope that the set will be ready around christmas. :)

BTW: I had plans to make a Le Mans 2007 carset, I already started with the Audi and the Peugeot, but I actually stopped it. The problem is the carshape. I would need more than 2... Audi R10, Peugeot 908, Aston Martin DBR9, Maserati, that would be already 4 different... :?

edit: Forgot one car, now there are 14.
Last edited by V12-Power on 02.04.2007, 11:08, edited 3 times in total.
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Shame about Le Mans 2007 (cos the line up for the real thing looks pretty damn good) but there are some things i guess you just can't get around. Still, it's nice to have so many different looking cars in the race instead of just a bunch of Audi clones... The new Peugeot looks great!
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
Moonrakerâ„¢
GP2 Racer

Post by Moonrakerâ„¢ »

Fridtjof, why don't you do what AAS did a few years ago and make the Lemans liveries in F1 style cars (or another carshape like that? Even a standard GT / WTCC style!)
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

Moonrakerâ„¢ wrote:Fridtjof, why don't you do what AAS did a few years ago and make the Lemans liveries in F1 style cars (or another carshape like that? Even a standard GT / WTCC style!)

My idea was to make a set only with LMP1 and LMP2 cars, but for this there were somehow not enough cars.

I thought about converting cars like the Aston Martin or the Maserati into cars similar to the closed LMP1 Peugeot as well then, but in the end I don't like that. It would be too fictional somehow and not realistic as it should be imo.

In addition to that came, that it was not possible to make 2 roll-over-bars as the actual open prototypes have, that made me somehow unsatisfied.

Anyway, if there would be 1 or 2 other people who would like to make this set I would think about it again..