New tracks & carsets - Michael82

Here you can present your WIP or new cars and/or stuff you made for GP2
TeunieGp2
GP2 Newbie

Re: New tracks & carsets - Michael82

Post by TeunieGp2 »

Thanks for the tracks Michael82, it is just magic :)
F1 GP-GP2-GP3-GP4
Michael82
GP2 Racer

Post by Michael82 »

TeunieGp2 wrote:
04.03.2024, 17:22
Thanks for the tracks Michael82, it is just magic :)
:D
Michael82
GP2 Racer

Post by Michael82 »

eky78 wrote:
04.03.2024, 10:16
Thanks Michael for another one of your Masterpieces :D :D :D and a great way to start the new (racing) year!
I have only one problem, I don´t know if I´m the only one, but one of the jams seems to be corrupted (trees.jam) I had to take it out of the folder to load the track, otherwise the game would freeze on the loading screen.

Even without that jam I could really appreciate your work and it really gives you the impression of being back in that era! Amazing =D> =D> =D> I can´t wait to try the other versions of Montreal too.

One question regarding what samsepi0l was talking, once you have changed the layout how complicated is it to reposition the objects around the track? Are there just coordinates and the repositioning can be done even by someone with no experience in track editing or is it more complicated?
Thanks ! 1991-93 version will be ready normaly soon because I have just to change the chicane and some adverts. It isnt too hard to change some objects but it can you take a lot of time particularly if you build any objects.. but you can make it without experience.

About your problem with tree.jam I really don't know because I tested that on another pc and there was no problem. Maybe try with the original gp2 with gp2limit?
samsepi0l
GP2 Racer

Post by samsepi0l »

I would love to learn how to make gp2 tracks because the experts on the forum seem to do this quicker than I could ever do an icr2 track - I think the gp2 editor is probably more powerful and automated. There are a lot of vanilla tracks that could use some serious improvement and Montreal was sure one of them. To see these done one at a time is just such a tease- but I understand how long it takes to be detailed like Michael is and frankly I'm glad he has stuck with it over the years.
Michael82
GP2 Racer

Post by Michael82 »

:arrow: Montreal 1993, Canada
Montreal 1991-93.rar
(884.17 KiB) Downloaded 91 times
next Montreal 1988-90 ;)
samsepi0l
GP2 Racer

Post by samsepi0l »

Michael I saw youtube made you blur your track by race video - sorry for that, youtube sucks. You should try hosting on dailymotion instead.
Michael82
GP2 Racer

Post by Michael82 »

Yes :( youtube isn't the solution anymore for the f1 contents. The alternative links are in the description on youtube blured videos but you are right I should host it on dailymotion too.

https://rumble.com/v4i5o7l-grandprix2-m ... -1994.html

https://odysee.com/@michael_leachim:0/S ... opyright:4
TeunieGp2
GP2 Newbie

Post by TeunieGp2 »

Thanks for the track
F1 GP-GP2-GP3-GP4
Michael82
GP2 Racer

Post by Michael82 »

:wink: 8)
samsepi0l
GP2 Racer

Post by samsepi0l »

I don't know what to be more impressed with - you track editing talent, or your attention to detail.
Michael82
GP2 Racer

Post by Michael82 »

samsepi0l wrote:
19.03.2024, 19:18
I don't know what to be more impressed with - you track editing talent, or your attention to detail.
👍👍👍
eky78
GP2 Gamer

Post by eky78 »

Michael82 wrote:
05.03.2024, 12:16
eky78 wrote:
Thanks Michael for another one of your Masterpieces :D :D :D and a great way to start the new (racing) year!
I have only one problem, I don´t know if I´m the only one, but one of the jams seems to be corrupted (trees.jam) I had to take it out of the folder to load the track, otherwise the game would freeze on the loading screen.

Even without that jam I could really appreciate your work and it really gives you the impression of being back in that era! Amazing =D> =D> =D> I can´t wait to try the other versions of Montreal too.

One question regarding what samsepi0l was talking, once you have changed the layout how complicated is it to reposition the objects around the track? Are there just coordinates and the repositioning can be done even by someone with no experience in track editing or is it more complicated?
Thanks ! 1991-93 version will be ready normaly soon because I have just to change the chicane and some adverts. It isnt too hard to change some objects but it can you take a lot of time particularly if you build any objects.. but you can make it without experience.

About your problem with tree.jam I really don't know because I tested that on another pc and there was no problem. Maybe try with the original gp2 with gp2limit?
You were right, I tried with different installations of the game and it worked without problems.

So thanks again, it´s also great to have different versions of the same track made by the same author. You can see better the changes in the layout through the years.

May I ask you, have you ever thought about making your version of Le Mans-La Sarthe like from the 80s or the 90s? Just a thought :) I love all the tracks you have done, keep up the great work!
torana_05
GP2 Newbie

Post by torana_05 »

amazing work!!! the attention to detail is amazing.

are you going to release that 1994 carshape that is in the senna imola and 94 montreal clips?
ismael
GP2 Racer

Post by ismael »

Hello everyone,

I've been away for a couple of months but nothing serious - work is taking a little too much of my time. I still haven't tested the new Montreal tracks but I watched Michael's videos and I can't wait to try! The video clearly shows that now we have to brake really hard into turn 4, no more flat out like the vanilla version!

I wonder if now he can make the full 1994 season with modded tracks, all of them better than the vanilla ones. I suppose none was left behind - although I haven't tested the modded track for Okayama from Bas van den Heuvel and Derek Hicks (sorry to the purists but I actually like more the name Okayama than the name Aida); surely they are better than the vanilla? Ted Meat says the vanilla Okayama is unrecognizable. I wonder if Michael as plans about it?

(I, personally, don't need a 1994 Spa version with a chicane in Eau Rouge...)

If he hasn't, I could suggest the Jeddah saudi track... you may or may note like the Saudi Arabian GP, but the track seems amazing!

Also:
Aerond wrote:
14.01.2024, 17:52
By the way, any chance the track wizards can quickly put together a 1991 version of Magny Course? (by this I mean not doing everything accurately from scratch but just patch an existing version with the chicane after Adelaide)

ie: Notice the desperation in this message :lol:

Cheers!
Michael82
GP2 Racer

Post by Michael82 »

eky78 wrote:
28.03.2024, 22:44
Michael82 wrote:
05.03.2024, 12:16
eky78 wrote:

You were right, I tried with different installations of the game and it worked without problems.

So thanks again, it´s also great to have different versions of the same track made by the same author. You can see better the changes in the layout through the years.

May I ask you, have you ever thought about making your version of Le Mans-La Sarthe like from the 80s or the 90s? Just a thought :) I love all the tracks you have done, keep up the great work!
Thanks! I would like to make the complete different layouts of Montreal from 1978 until 1995. Currently 1988-90 is ready just miss the adverts and next I try to make the 1979-86 layout but it will be longer because the start line wasn't in the same place.

Eky78, about Le Mans it would be really interesting to make that. Currently I think I must finish the F1 tracks of 1994 and before but I keep the idea for the future.

Ismael, I have the plan to make a better Okoyama track because the vanilla is very poor in term of objects... it would be good to have all the tracks of the decade 1985-1995 but I don't know how many time it will take.