New tracks for GP2 - Antonio Pessoa

Here you can present your WIP or new cars and/or stuff you made for GP2
ismael
GP2 Racer

Re: New tracks for GP2 - Antonio Pessoa

Post by ismael »

Excellent news! Many thanks; I can't wait to try them!
Who misses Mr. Zuckerberg's stuff, anyway?
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

thx 4 sharing :D excellent work as always =D>
MTSElectro
GP2 Newbie

Post by MTSElectro »

Excellent work, Antonio! Downloaded both Losail and Anderstorp, both amazing!

I really wish I could learn how to build circuits for GP2, my first project would be Grand Valley Speedway from the Gran Turismo games
MTSElectro | Retro Racing Manager's League | Motorsport enthusiast and gamer | Adores motorsport, cue sports and Gerry Anderson
samsepi0l
GP2 Racer

Post by samsepi0l »

Unrelated guys, but I am actually building circuits for indycar racing 2 now. I'm not sure but I think it is much harder to make a track for icr2 than it is for gp2 because there are so many more scratch-made gp2 tracks then icr2..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yxTeurzeU8
Antonio Pessoa
GP2 Gamer

Post by Antonio Pessoa »

samsepi0l wrote:
09.10.2021, 20:29
Unrelated guys, but I am actually building circuits for indycar racing 2 now. I'm not sure but I think it is much harder to make a track for icr2 than it is for gp2 because there are so many more scratch-made gp2 tracks then icr2..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yxTeurzeU8
=D> Beautiful Tamiami Park!!
My favourite Miami-area track in all-times. Looking forward to drive on it in ICR2 someday
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
GP2 TrackMaker
Antonio Pessoa
GP2 Gamer

Post by Antonio Pessoa »

Let's release a new GP2 track here. It's "new" for GP2, despite several previous versions of the same circuit. But it's not new for GP3, because this GP2 version uses the same track lenght, the same track sectors, including the same cc-line from that.

:arrow: BUENOS AIRES 1998, Argentina
Buenos Aires_Argentina_1998.zip
(808.85 KiB) Downloaded 622 times
Let's be back to the 1998 Easter Sunday. Have fun!
GP2 TrackMaker
ismael
GP2 Racer

Post by ismael »

One of the "tasks" that I have scheduled related to my personal GP2 "warehouse" is to put some order in the Buenos Aires tracks. There are at least tracks for 2 versions prior to the 1995-98 one, and then the wet race ones, and I got them all mixed and confused on my Excel sheet.

This is really great as it will become my standard BA95-98 track! An important track for GP2, because sometimes one can think that the car damage default settings of GP2 are too permissive, but Schumacher and Coulthard proved in the 1998 race that you can collide heavily at a good angle and avoid damage.
Thanks!

(By the way, I tried yesterday for the first time your Sonoma Raceway 2018, and it's brilliant, as always!
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Cool, didn`t know that there was track modding for IC2 ongoing, cool =D>

Thx, another nice addition to my collection :D
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Great tracks as always! =D> =D> =D>
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
Antonio Pessoa
GP2 Gamer

Post by Antonio Pessoa »

As many of you realized in the most recent 1 and a half year, I'm retired from track editing for a while. My last complete works are released here at this topic. I have no forecast when I'd be able to continue some few works.
I'm now more like a casual GP2-player than a track maker. And I don't know in which year I'd return. If I return to track editing like in the golden late 2000s days, or like the 2019-2020 days...
GP2 TrackMaker
ismaelgp2
GP2 Newbie

Post by ismaelgp2 »

Hello Antônio,

Good to hear from you! I believe your work, and of the community, will be in good hands in the near future, as Ted Meat said he is considering doing modded GP2 seasons. Hopefully some of your tracks, as well as those of TdK, RRemedio, Raballand and others, will be used!

By the way, have you checked this article where you're mentioned? https://www.arkade.com.br/grandprix-2-j ... egue-vivo/

Cheers!
samsepi0l
GP2 Racer

Post by samsepi0l »

There are so many original and older tracks that can be redone to better standards now that we have resources to do so- it would be great to see some of the originals remade more accurately if you ever get back into it
Antonio Pessoa
GP2 Gamer

Post by Antonio Pessoa »

ismaelgp2 wrote:
09.07.2023, 10:21
Hello Antônio,

Good to hear from you! I believe your work, and of the community, will be in good hands in the near future, as Ted Meat said he is considering doing modded GP2 seasons. Hopefully some of your tracks, as well as those of TdK, RRemedio, Raballand and others, will be used!

By the way, have you checked this article where you're mentioned? https://www.arkade.com.br/grandprix-2-j ... egue-vivo/

Cheers!
Great article! They really tells about how the game still is alive, even 25 (currently 27) years after the official release.
To celebrate my 25 years playing GP2 (I started on July 8th 1998, when I bought the game in a great department store in Sao Paulo, called "Mappin", older Brazilians can remember about it), a "little" surprise soon here...
GP2_0015.jpg
GP2_0004.jpg
GP2 TrackMaker
ismaelgp2
GP2 Newbie

Post by ismaelgp2 »

=D> =D> =D>
Will we have the National version, the Full, the "2010 Plan That Was Never Built Provided as a Fictional Track", or all of them???
Will it include a heavy 1993 rain version??! :D
Antonio Pessoa
GP2 Gamer

Post by Antonio Pessoa »

Well, I thought my "career" in GP2 track editing would be in a temporary break for a while, but I was wrong.
I had a lot of unfinished works from the years of the covid-19 pandemic (2020-2021), when I started to edit a lot of tracks, breaking and resuming dependig the lockdown degree on those times. Those circuits were mostly almost-ready in late 2021, then, I had to work now a little bit more to finish them.
In the last two weeks, few hours a day, I got finish those tracks. And now, I'm finally releasing them!

Starting the releases with...

:arrow: DONINGTON PARK 1993
Donington Park_Great Britain_1993.zip
(833.38 KiB) Downloaded 155 times

More coming soon
GP2 TrackMaker