F1 season 2012

Here you can post everything to every motorsport!
AD
GP2 Acc

Re: F1 season 2012

Post by AD »

Compared to musicians actually on top of Buckingham Palace, the thought of Grand Prix cars speeding by in in some distance doesn't sound so outrageously bizarre anymore. However, there was some noise being made years ago about such a "scenic route" kind of race in Rome. And now 'possibly to be staged in <at least four years away>" has come, it's 2012, and perhaps people are glad the Italian GP will take place at its usual venue, instead. So I personally won't be holding my breath waiting for this to happen.

I found it very interesting the way some GP writers pointed out the possibility that the timing of this "But wouldn't it be enormously cool if we got to actually do this?" kind of press release might luckily coincide with some other, rather unfortunate news that such an item, if it generates some excitement, could potentially take attention away from.

Personally, I'm still taken enough by the pictures we got from Le Mans this year (night onboards! grainy track cameras to actually be able to figure out where that car that stopped in the night ended up and why! compare to the 24 hours in the Eiffel...) to not be interested in where F1 may or may not be driving some time between now and when our sun goes supernova. :D
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
tecnorge3
GP2 Starter

Post by tecnorge3 »

Maria De Villota lost her right eye in a crash :cry:

http://news.sky.com/story/956128/f1-tes ... fter-crash
tecnorge3
GP2 Starter

Post by tecnorge3 »

Alonso's victory has been stolen in the last laps of the race :P

Well, I hoped for rain in the race, but it didn't rain like in the quali, and it didn't rain at all :( :mrgreen:

Good strategy of Red Bull at Vettel again, which resulted to a podium :) Massa proved that he is still competitive. Pity Hamilton and Button only ended up 8th and 10th in their home GP. :|
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

AD wrote:Personally, I'm still taken enough by the pictures we got from Le Mans this year (night onboards! grainy track cameras to actually be able to figure out where that car that stopped in the night ended up and why! compare to the 24 hours in the Eiffel...) to not be interested in where F1 may or may not be driving some time between now and when our sun goes supernova. :D
Our sun will never go supernova, so you'll have much more time to be not interested :mrgreen:
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

Okay, that calms me down even further. :)

I, too, was surprised the Sunday at Silverstone stayed as dry as it did. However, as we could see on Saturday, it usually gets so serious that the session is just red-flagged because there's not much in the way of racing these kinds of cars with standing water everywhere on the track.

It's a tough spell for McLaren right now, Button especially having had problems the last couple of races, but the interesting thing is that all teams who have won a race this far had a phase this season where they appeared to struggle against the fastest of their competitors, so likely, that's going to pass for them, as well.

Interesting to see Red Bull going for continuity and retaining Webber for another year. I also found it interesting how openly he admitted that there were talks with Ferrari, instead of the usually observeable "let's-deny-as-complete-made-up-BS-unless-it-actually-lead-to-something-in-which-case-we-wait-for-the-official-announcement" practice which we've seen from other drivers.
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..