F1 season 2012

Here you can post everything to every motorsport!
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Re: F1 season 2012

Post by RacerBG »

Superb job, Alonsooo.... 8)
DEHUMANIZER95
GP2 Racer

Post by DEHUMANIZER95 »

Awesome race, especially for Perez! I'm glad that Vettel is now not the fastest anymore, I don't really like him, and after his Interview by RTL after the race (he insulted the HRT as a "slow cucumber") he's one more time a great idiot for me.
tecnorge3
GP2 Starter

Post by tecnorge3 »

Well, I see that many people don't really like Seb, but I hate it if these guys are starting a flame-war. [-X
ooleeeo
GP2 Starter

Post by ooleeeo »

As the ferrari fanatic,I knew that no matter how bad the car may be called,it can win......alonso proved his mettle. =D>
Button and vettel both nicked by hrts,tough luck for them. :!:
Grosjean....shocked! :shock:
Msc just doesnt have good luck,mercedes gp......only 1 point so far. :(
Kimi is improving.....I am rooting for the iceman,my fav driver. :)
Lots of surprises and shcoks so far this season,imho,this will be a fabulous season of racing! :D
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

Awesome to have a Sauber driver on the podium once again; if you look past the BMW ownership period, the last time they achieved that should have been Frentzen's final GP podium visit at Indianapolis in 2003.

It's interesting to see how much getting all the tyre compounds to work on your car and choosing a quick, advantageous strategy appear to play this important a role in the racing this year. Sauber accomplished it with being the first to put Perez on different tyres, and Ferrari always pitted Alonso within a lap of when he should have.

You can see how much work Ferrari still have ahead of them, though, if you look at the pace at which Perez was catching Alonso near the end, when both were on the dry tyres. It was also interesting with the compounds, there, as it looked as if there was a point where the Medium tyre as Alonso had it actually went slower than the Hard compound as they put on more distance.
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
DEHUMANIZER95
GP2 Racer

Post by DEHUMANIZER95 »

Here's so far the new MiniDrivers Episode with the Highlights of the GP ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JV40-gmA70U
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

DEHUMANIZER95 wrote:Here's so far the new MiniDrivers Episode with the Highlights of the GP ;)
I always like to watch this series. :)
DEHUMANIZER95
GP2 Racer

Post by DEHUMANIZER95 »

RacerBG wrote:
DEHUMANIZER95 wrote:Here's so far the new MiniDrivers Episode with the Highlights of the GP ;)
I always like to watch this series. :)
Me too, love it ;D
tecnorge3
GP2 Starter

Post by tecnorge3 »

ooleeeo
GP2 Starter

Post by ooleeeo »

exactly,all this comes at a time when that team is really improving race by race.
particularly for msc,who is looking in great form.
tecnorge3
GP2 Starter

Post by tecnorge3 »

Rosberg drove an amazing race, so he deserved the victory. =D> =D> =D>
McLaren was doing well as well, only Button had bad luck.
Terrible luck also for Schumacher #-o
Vettel is one of the winner of the race (11->15->2->5), he should gain extra motivation
Both Williams are in the points at Frank Williams' birthday :yes:
Tough luck for Lotus due to the completely worn tires
ooleeeo
GP2 Starter

Post by ooleeeo »

Thunderous job by rosberg,well deserved 1st win both for him and the team,only msc's srewed up pit-stop made it not a perfect day for mercedes gp.
Mclarens fast as usual,glad that button did not chase down rosberg.
Red bulls were 3rd best,vettel drove pretty well and webber was good.
Grosjean-well done,kimi had horrendous luck in the last few laps,rather disappointed.
Ferrari-alonso's slip just cost him badly,overall a rather disappointing race from them.
Williams look a lot improved,consistent in both drivers scoring points post australian gp.
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

I'm pleased that Sauber and Williams are doing relatively well so far this season, because I think it's important to have these kinds of "classic" racing teams around, who can operate independently from a manufacturer. Given that they most likely don't remotely have the amounts of money at their hands that the big teams do, it makes for a nice statement that a limited amount of success can be achieved by managing less resources more efficiently than some of the big players.

At the same time, it's unlikely that's going to last for the long term, because this year was a big jump in aerodynamics rules from last year. Judging from how much the top teams explored and utilised the 2011-style blown diffusers, and looking at some of the issues Ferrari and Red Bull still seem to be working through in that regard, we're probably upon another season not unlike three years ago, where two of the previous year's front runners struggle initially and that gives a chance to mix things up a little.

Fantastic achievement for Rosberg to achieve his first win in this kind of fashion, the team choosing a great strategy and him just seeming as if he had no problems at all staying out front. It's also significant because, as some statistics-loving writers had to point out to me to notice, he's the first of these second-generation GP winners whose father lived to see that happen.
tecnorge3
GP2 Starter

Post by tecnorge3 »

man, some weeks after the race are gone and no replies *shame*

But well, great job by Vettel & the Lotus. =D> =D> =D>

And a secret has been revealed.
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

It's not much of a coincidence that my attention on the last race was a bit lean. But hey, greener pastures await, right now, the teams are enjoying spring in Tuscany and like the trees, new bits and pieces are sprouting from the cars... a lot of the midfield teams adopting the Sauber/McLaren-style exhaust solutions.

Good for Sauber to be able to announce another commercial partner. The whole "possible synergies" and "mutual partner companies" bingo could suggest this is a B2B kind of deal rather than (just) an outright sponsorship the way it might have been done twenty years ago, but anything that helps along the resurrection of the team as an independent entrant of significance should be well and good.

I, for one, am always glad when we move into the European season and you don't have to check for a different start time each weekend. Even though it would be overdramatic to claim that kind of thing leaves significantly much brain-space for other things... ;-)