Lotus and Lotus

Here you can post everything to every motorsport!
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Lotus and Lotus

Post by jakesanson »

Does anyone else think this is a little insane??

Why do we now have TWO Lotus teams? Why won't Fernandes just let it go, and rename the team Malaysia 1 Racing??

Really excited about Lotus Renault GP, about time I say. But this is a bit confusing. Red Bull's two teams, Lotus' two teams, why don't they just allow every team to run four cars??!?!!
Find me on @jakesansonofficial or www.jakesanson.com
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Come and play the RRML using Grand Prix 2 via Downforce Racing YouTube channel!
MaxX
GP2 Star

Re: Lotus and Lotus

Post by MaxX »

This is stupid, hopefully the car will have the same livery :roll:

It`s about time for more Ferraris on the field, I bet ALO would have become the champion then ;)
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Please, no more Ferraris...we need honest people.

I think there should be no Lotus, but if I should choose one, it would be Fernandes Lotus. The Lotus-Renault is an insult IMO.

I miss Minardi...
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

rremedio wrote:I miss Minardi...
Me too!
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
Peze
GP2 Gamer

Post by Peze »

What there is left from glorious past? Lotus name to sell, two too many :)

Minardi ruled :D
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

For me this is very strange and stupid decision :!:
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

To me it seems that the decision of Lotus Cars to enter F1 with Renault was driven by some bruised egos, but it has nothing to do with common sense. I think Malaysia1 did a good job this season and will improve for the next year. They had a professional appearance and so presented the marque in a good and professional way. There would have been no need for Lotus Cars to enter F1, not to speak of non-existing sense that it makes to enter this expensive sport when you are in the red. They should have been glad they were presented by Malaysia1 for very cheap money.

I hope to so see Malaysia1 in front of Renault-Lotus next season (although I doubt it), this would be funny!

All in all I don't see any sense in all these motorsport-activities Lotus Cars is planning: IndyCar, Le Mans, GP2, F1, etc.. Not even Toyota, BMW or Mercedes can afford that. But Lotus Cars can, of course! :lol: :lol: I really don't know what's going on in the heads of some people...

And btw: I miss Jordan, Arrows, Ligier/Prost, Tyrrell.
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
nimrod111
GP2 Gamer

Post by nimrod111 »

rremedio wrote:Please, no more Ferraris...we need honest people.

I think there should be no Lotus, but if I should choose one, it would be Fernandes Lotus. The Lotus-Renault is an insult IMO.

I miss Minardi...
I don't understand why in your opinion Ferrari isn't a honest team... :-k

Anyway, I agree with you all. Having two teams with the same name is not good...Why don't Malaysians call their team "Lotus" in malaysian language, as Red Bull did with Toro Rosso? \:D/
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

I was interested to see that name brought back to the sport, but I, too, find this a bit confusing...

Personally, I would have rather wanted to try and build a new identity for a new team, instead of tapping into someone else's legacy. Still, there would be enough flower names to have a "tip of the hat" type of concept where a team might just be called "Orchid" or "Camellia" or something like that. But I'll most likely never be in the position to realise something like that, so I can talk, I guess. ;-)

The Lotus car company certainly has an ambitious motor racing programme announced by now. I'd be impressed if they pulled most or all of that of and managed to get some good sporting results out of it.
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Add in the fact that Lotus Cars has even less money at their disposal than I do and it'd be seriously impressive! :lol:
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Greyhead wrote:Add in the fact that Lotus Cars has even less money at their disposal than I do and it'd be seriously impressive! :lol:
But you are incredibly rich! :mrgreen:
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

I wish, I have less money than HRT :lol:
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

Personally, I believe our GPWC concept makes way more sense than F1 these days anyways. DC always used to bang on about how F1 qualifying made no sense. Why should the fastest car start first and the slowest last if everybody's trying to encourage overtaking???

Get somebody like Dallara or Lola to build identical cars, then allow the car manufacturers to play with it technically and electronically, basically finiding ingenious ways to power it but cap the power at say 750-bhp.

Then hire the drivers, and let the action commence!! Haven't we learnt from IndyCars, GP2 and Formula 3 that the racing is always closer when the cars are all the same?

Let F1 be F1, developing new technologies for competition. Let GPWC become the championship that everyone cares about!!!
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

nimrod111 wrote:
rremedio wrote:Please, no more Ferraris...we need honest people.

I miss Minardi...
I don't understand why in your opinion Ferrari isn't a honest team... :-k

Anyway, I agree with you all. Having two teams with the same name is not good...Why don't Malaysians call their team "Lotus" in malaysian language, as Red Bull did with Toro Rosso? \:D/
Austria '01 & '02, Monaco and Monza '06, Spygate '07, Hockenheim '10, any more evidence needed??

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

nimrod111 wrote:I don't understand why in your opinion Ferrari isn't a honest team... :-k
Austria '01 & '02, Monaco and Monza '06, Spygate '07, Hockenheim '10, any more evidence needed??