GP of Monaco

Here you can post everything to every motorsport!
HF
GP2 Star

Re: GP of Monaco

Post by HF »

Well, FIA will change the regulations now to exclude mis-interpretings.

But the Massa-thing: Why didn't he, do you think, get a penalty?
- . -
Gabriele
GP2 Starter

Re: GP of Monaco

Post by Gabriele »

As I said, Massa did not receive any penalty since he did not take any big (nor small) advantage on others runners by putting a wheel on the yellow line.
The problem is that this rule is not really a strict rule. As long as it will be "interpreted" by stewards, it will end up with this kind of things. In my opinion, a rule should be effective "as it is", without any interpretation by anyone. You stomped the line? You're f***ed, no matter if you're 1st or last.
That is also the case of Hamilton, a couple of races ago he defended his position changing his line 2, 3, 4 times on the same straight. It hasn't been said that a driver could change line ONCE? Again, the marshals "interpreted" this snake-going as part of the "show", as a loyal but strong fight to avoid being overtaken, and again no drive through for him.
If I were the guest marshal instead of good ol' Damon, I'd probably voted for the drive through for both of them...
"When you are fitted in a racing car and you race to win, second or third place is not enough."
Ayrton Senna Da Silva

Currently working on MotoGP 500 season 1991 (converted to Gp2)
MotoGP 500 season 1990 done.