F1 2010

Here you can post everything to every motorsport!
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Re: F1 2010

Post by Greyhead »

Yeah I'm really looking forward to the carset too, I don't really have F1 carsets on GP2 much but I can't wait to get my grubby hands on a 2010 Virgin (ooo-er) and see if I can drag it to a win :D
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

I did it find it funny that Legard talked about the retirements by saying "We've lost 2 HRTs, 2 Virgins......."

You couldn't make it up!!!
Find me on @jakesansonofficial or www.jakesanson.com
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Come and play the RRML using Grand Prix 2 via Downforce Racing YouTube channel!
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

I'd say most of the drivers in the new teams have a very difficult job to do for the time being. Also the HRT drivers, of course, who didn't get any pre-season testing.

It's worth noting that both Senna and Chandhok had previous F1 testing experiences, though, so although they didn't have any recent practice in a current-regulations car, they had some kind of approximation of what they were getting into. ;-)
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Virgin Racing are based in a place called Dinnington about ten miles from where I live... The joke round here goes that they're the only virgins in Dinno :lol:
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

The Virgin:

Our spare team. No, not Stefan GP, but Toyota with Nakajima and Villeneuve :)

And the Lotus:

Only the HRT needs to be done, about 25% finished, and lots of small things on the other cars. We can't tell exactly when the first set will be done, but we hope before the Australian GP.... :-k
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

I adore them all!! Fantastic work. Like the Toyota idea, although the car would probably have looked like that in terms of livery. Just with different sponsors, or no sponsors at all!!
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

The cars all look fantastic, I really enjoy your love to the small details =D>
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

Wow, the cars look ace! I like the Toyota-idea and also their pair of drivers! All in all very good news, that the set is likely to come out before the Australian GP.

One thing I wanted to say/ask: Why don't you (TdK/DJS) start a new NL²-thread were you keep us informed about the updates. It will be easy to find and when you look through it someday you'll have a nice overview.
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

Thanks all for the great comments. After a lot of hours work yesterday (about 7 hours :roll: ) the HRT is ready. Only DJS needs to check it out, and make his final adjustments to the other cars. We're still planning to finish it before Australia. :)
V12-Power wrote:One thing I wanted to say/ask: Why don't you (TdK/DJS) start a new NL²-thread were you keep us informed about the updates. It will be easy to find and when you look through it someday you'll have a nice overview.
OMG! That we've never thought about that... I will notice DJS about this idea!
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

Australia was fantastic!

One of the best races in the past twenty years!! So much overtaking, boy, were we spoiled!!!

But why doesn't Lewis have the confidence to stand up to his team? Jenson said "I'm coming in for drys" and that was that. Lewis decided to come in for new tyres even though he felt he could stay out. He's starting to doubt himself. No dad around to comfort him??? No dad to tell him not to do doughnuts in Melbourne city streets????

Anyways, Australia also proved two things to me:

1. It's time to axe the Bahrain Grand Prix.

2. Michael Schumacher is embarrassing himself.

AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

It was a terrific second race, which is understandable, because wet weather and difficult tyre choices, added to this eventful circuit has often provided for some interesting stuff. You did see in the closing stages, when it was mostly dry, that it was becoming difficult to follow closely, though. There wasn't much attempts to overtake between Kubica, Massa, Alonso, Hamilton and Webber, besides some odds and ends and the eventual collision. So I wouldn't necessarily expect the next race to be this interesting.

How is the starting time at Malaysia this year, by the way? Are they attempting to get out of the "evening monsoon" zone they entered last year? :wink:
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

No, I think they're still trying 5pm!!

British viewers have it quite bad if we want to watch it live. We have to start on BBC1 and then when it gets to 10am, we have to switch to BBC2 to make way for the Church programme.

I'm a Christian, but BBC2 could show it couldn't they?? Are there really that many viewers who have no remote controls??