f1 spa 2021

Here you can post everything to every motorsport!
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

f1 spa 2021

Post by roland ratzenberger »

today we watched the most bizzare race in the history of f1. even more bizzare than this in indianapolis 2005. for me it was unacceptable, but i would like also to have your views for what happened today
ismael
GP2 Racer

Re: f1 spa 2021

Post by ismael »

I'm conscious that I'm a minority but I think this is was at par with Australia 1991. There were no conditions to race, same as then. But this time they chose to protect the drivers - and the cars, by the way, avoiding thousands lost in crashes.

Should have they awarded the points? Probably not. But, again, neither should they have raced in Australia 1991. I don't think this Verstappen win has less merit than the Senna's win just because there were 14 laps raced back then. That race was a lottery and a statistic oddity. Today we avoided the lottery. Verstappen and Russell did a superb qualifying and held their cars on track through Sunday, so, well, whatever, nevermind...

I can't quite understand why they could not have raced on Monday if the next race is in the Netherlands. It's impossible to race on Monday?.... I would be fuming if I had payed a ticket to watch...
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

Post by roland ratzenberger »

thats exactly my point ismael. of course the race could not be done with the current conditions. But the next race is in holland, not in australia. The time travel will be far less. Further more i think that all this happened because the fia would not have the intention to refund the people who have gone there. I am lucky to have travel once for a gp in monza in 2019 and i would be also fuming if my first travel for f1 would have ended in such a way..

My point is.. FROM THE MOMENT THAT yoy know that the weather would of this state for hours, why not to do at least the necessary four laps and let at least the people to go away than to held them in the circuit with no action for almost 4 hours in the pouring rain????? the points for me is of lesser importance. F1 has to take into consideration also the people not the drivers. If you decide not to run the race for safety reasons which i accept up to a point at, then refund the people who get there. show respect also the them

let me expand my opinion even more on something such as safety, In my opinion all this <<madness>> with safety sometimes comes in contrast with the nature of the sport. Of course i dont want drivers to die every second race but nowadays we have gone to the opposite. IN 1999 in spa gp zonta and villenueve had make a bet regarding who will pass eau rouge on full throtthle.. both had extraodrinary accidents but both returned back smiling and making jokes. EVEN GRAIG POLOCK MAKE FUN OF THIS. Now after the norris accidents which was far more <<less>> strong that his of the above two, i see that a conversation has started to change Eau royge

FOR ....CRHRIST SHAKE ???? CHANGE THE EAU ROUGE?? WHICH IS ONE OF THE MEMORABLE AND ADORABLE CORNERS OF THE F1 OF ALL TIME?????

i am sorry if my tone seems a little angry but i have to say that i am a little bit . f1 is a sport of passion limit and fearless people, and these days i see that many of these have extinct
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Yes, this was a difficult one :-k

I suppose they will consider that in the rules for the future. It happens not that often, but sometimes it is just impossible to race. I suppose it would be best to say "no waiting, we go home, qual result = race result, half points, race tickets refunded" and adapt the rules.

It`s always trick to say, when to abort. In 2009 we would have missed the famous Kimi Iceman or the 2011 Button Canada Strike, if they aborted.

Well sometimes it just happens, to be fair, I wasn`t able to watch the race anyways (was in a train with very bad inet-conn at that moment), so no pain for me this time :-k
GP2tifoso28
GP2 Starter

Post by GP2tifoso28 »

Why do they have stupid parc ferme rules so they cant even put a wet setup on the car? No wonder the cars are undriveable in the wet because 90% of the time they probably have a dry setup decided from fp3 the day before. Stupid rule which doesn't acheive anything

F1 going more and more downhill with gimmick sprint races and fake plastic drs passing. It's not real racing Its a shadow of what it used to be. Better off watching the MotoGP