Fuel Problem

Here you can post criticisms, ideas or questions to the forum!
Tobi
GP2 Newbie

Fuel Problem

Post by Tobi »

Hey there i'm new here and have a question.

For some Reason i'm badass slow in corners and this is why i put my own team a bit better power in the car's then the others
well now i have following problem: brazil has 10 laps, my cars have fuel 12.0 at the start, and one lap before race end the fuel is out
but only at my cars not the cc, how is that possible? and why can't i switch it anyhow?

in the settings i see no option to give the cars 15.0l or some and in the GPedit i can only change Practice and Qualy fuel settings.

i don't want to lose some positions because i have to join the pit in the last lap?!

thanks a lot, Tobi
MaxX
GP2 Star

Re: Fuel Problem

Post by MaxX »

Welcome to the board :)

You can reduce the "Grip Factor" of the player`s car to 0 to gain an advantage in the courners without more bhps. You can do this in the car settings in gp2edit.

I think the fuel consumption itself can only be influenced by driving style (early shifts) or higher gear rations in the setup, so the car doesn`t consume that much.
eky78
GP2 Gamer

Post by eky78 »

You should use the utility GP2 Slots and Tyres Editor made by rremedio. There you can change the human player fuel consumption. Read the instructions first.
There are a lot of other features you will see in this editor. :)
iKeysRacing
GP2 Newbie

Post by iKeysRacing »

Tobi wrote:
13.08.2013, 14:12
Hey there i'm new here and have a question.

For some Reason i'm badass slow in corners and this is why i put my own team a bit better power in the car's then the others
well now i have following problem: brazil has 10 laps, my cars have fuel 12.0 at the start, and one lap before race end the fuel is out
but only at my cars not the cc, how is that possible? and why can't i switch it anyhow?

in the settings i see no option to give the cars 15.0l or some and in the GPedit i can only change Practice and Qualy fuel settings.

i don't want to lose some positions because i have to join the pit in the last lap?!

thanks a lot, Tobi
Ciao Tobi,
maybe you fixed it already. There's a nice tool called "csfuel" if I remember correctly its name on grandprix2.de

It's a basic dos-based app that lets you place a percentage "%" after each carset saved name.

So for example: if you race Monza 1994 at 100% distance you have 53 laps to do.
You must place csfuel.exe app within you car-setup-folder.
Then via Dos-Box and you simply type a string like "csfuel monza.csl 110" and (whatever the total distance you race that track) you will have always 10% more of fuel of the total laps to do.

So in this case of Monza 100%-distance you will start the race (if you select no-pitstop) with at least 58 laps in your tank.
That works also with higher percentages (120 for 20% more, 135 for 35% more, and so on) and with any race distance.
Just bare in mind that if you start a race trying to change to 1, 2 or 3 pit stop you lose this overload of fuel.

So it basically overwrites you car-setup but just as a workaround to be read by GP2 game.

I hope it helps.
Cheers.
Marco

P.s. Other users that have replied are right, or you change some data with some other editors or you have to drive a bit slower without using all the revs of the engine. As a rule of thumbs: when I want to save fuel a bit I change gears while accelerating when the first or second green-rev light blinks. It's not science but helps a bit.
And obviously I can do it if I have a decent advantage over drivers following me.
Marco Lazzari
Youtube: iKeysRacing