GP2 1991 Season MOD (BETA Version)

Here you can post criticisms, ideas or questions to the forum!
ngendro
GP2 Newbie

Re: GP2 1991 Season MOD - By ngendro

Post by ngendro »

RacerBG wrote:Installing in any directory, apply the patch, starting from simstarter\DOSBOX Simulation Starter.....and bad or missing F1SYSTEM.DAT file.... Of course I replaced it but it was the same error again. And at all is very confusing this game structure. In future you can try to include GP2LAP and ake more clear folder system. :wink:

I will wait for version 2.0. :lol:
I remember that rremedio had to modify the DOSBOX shorcut destination path, because he intalled it in a custom directory. Otherwise the shorcut won't work.
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

Without the patch from Roberto the game was running FINE. :) I like this mod but I had added to it 2 things (this cockpit and my camera set):

I think now it's better. You can find this cockpit and my cameras in this site here. :wink:

And for my pleasure I had added my own damage too (but the one in this site is too heavy). I had reduced it later for my needs so you better don't touch it. :lol:

EDIT: And also add GP2LAP. :)
ngendro
GP2 Newbie

Post by ngendro »

RacerBG wrote:Without the patch from Roberto the game was running FINE. :) I like this mod but I had added to it 2 things (this cockpit and my camera set):

I think now it's better. You can find this cockpit and my cameras in this site here. :wink:

And for my pleasure I had added my own damage too (but the one in this site is too heavy). I had reduced it later for my needs so you better don't touch it. :lol:

Great!

Was the sound selector program useful to you?
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

ngendro wrote:
RacerBG wrote:Without the patch from Roberto the game was running FINE. :) I like this mod but I had added to it 2 things (this cockpit and my camera set):

Great!

Of course it was and if you can even make it like a complete game launcher it will be very good. For example when you press the button for launch it will start the game. :)
ngendro
GP2 Newbie

Post by ngendro »

RacerBG wrote:
ngendro wrote:

Great!

Of course it was and if you can even make it like a complete game launcher it will be very good. For example when you press the button for launch it will start the game. :)
YES, that's what I wanned to do in the first place, but I couldn't make it work with the VDMS shorcuts. They just can't be excecuted by command line. May be it could work with DOSBOX shortcuts, I didn't test that.
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

I think that is better to stick with DOSBOX and have VDMS for 2nd choice ONLY. Because nowadays most people have already Windows 7, even 8 so it's not bad decision (at least for me).
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

RacerBG wrote:Installing in any directory, apply the patch, starting from simstarter\DOSBOX Simulation Starter.....and bad or missing F1SYSTEM.DAT file.... Of course I replaced it but it was the same error again. And at all is very confusing this game structure. In future you can try to include GP2LAP and ake more clear folder system. :wink:

I will wait for version 2.0. :lol:
Probably the patch has some bugs...

GP2Lap cannot be include becouse we are not allowed to put it to download at any other place but its developer site. Of course, ngendro may ask for permission from the author.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
TeunieGp2
GP2 Newbie

Re: GP2 1991 Season MOD (BETA Version)

Post by TeunieGp2 »

""Download link (mediafire): http://www.mediafire.com/?m1istj523mq3m2u""

Any one have the download ?

By
F1 GP-GP2-GP3-GP4
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

TeunieGp2 wrote:
21.12.2020, 19:19
""Download link (mediafire): http://www.mediafire.com/?m1istj523mq3m2u""

Any one have the download ?

By
I don't have it anymore. If someone has it please share. It was a really nice pack (and nowadays it can be updated with Michael's tracks).
Early 90s F1 forever!
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

Post by roland ratzenberger »

I still have it would you like to send it to yoy?
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

roland ratzenberger wrote:
22.12.2020, 02:10
Sure! =D>
Early 90s F1 forever!
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

rremedio wrote:
22.12.2020, 13:48
Sure! =D>
send me your e-mail in pm and i will it to you
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

rremedio wrote:
22.12.2020, 13:48
Sure! =D>
forget the pm this is the link via we transfer by which i send the game in another mate. it will be active for 7 days.. day 1 is today
https://we.tl/t-cwJXT8yO0e
ismael
GP2 Racer

Post by ismael »

Thanks to Ngendro for making it, RRemedio for updating it, to Roland for keeping it and uploading it, and everyone else.
This looks so, so cool!
I'm not sure if I mastered the sound issue, but I started a free practice with a good Honda V12 sound and it looked good.

Maybe Senna could have been put with 16384; however, with no other car to give a 30 HP advantage over McLaren-Honda, a 16384 Senna would be harder to beat than Schumacher 16384 in Original GP2, so it looks good.

The solution found to the second Lotus seems an elegant one to me. It's a fine tribute to Martin Donnelly, without having him to participate in the races. Although I would accept to have Herbert in the second Lotus, he was the one who did most races of the three (Herbert, Bartels and Bailey).

As a Portuguese, I would change only a detail: remove Footwork or Brabham and insert Coloni with Pedro Chaves and a disabled car :-P with a 600 HP Langford & Peck engine and with 8192 Car Failure Probability :-D but s a Season Mod for a global audience it would not make sense, of course.

(For a 2019 Mod, if suggestions are accepted, I'd suggest create 3 fictional but real-life inspired teams, like pretending that Manor didn't go bankrupt, and with 6 worthy and feasible drivers, while disabling the 14th team).

Again, thank you all!
samsepi0l
GP2 Racer

Post by samsepi0l »

Guys - sorry I am so late to the party, but personally I am only interested in the engine sound part of this. I don't want to patch my gp2 for the 91 season completely.

I downloaded the ZIP.... can I just import the sounds I need for the engine in game driving sound? This would be done with gp2edit I presume?