Fuzzy screen - and hello again!

Here you can post criticisms, ideas or questions to the forum!
JamesonJack
GP2 Newbie

Fuzzy screen - and hello again!

Post by JamesonJack »

Hi folks,

I've managed to find the time to come back onto the forum now following a relocation for myself and my daughter from Leeds to London.
I used to be MaxD but due to loads of personal problems for the two of us, I had to abandon plans to play GP2 as well as other things!

Now life is good and I wish to play the game and utilize the forum once more. I got a second hand pc with XP on it, bought and just installed 2GB RAM but when I copied the GP2 files over from my storage device, the game loads but the screen is all fuzzy. I can make out the colours of the home screen of the game but there are horizontal fuzzy lines across the screen.

Does anyone have any advice?

BTW, its so good to see how much the game is still alive and thats due to some amazing people within the forum. I salute you all!
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Re: Fuzzy screen - and hello again!

Post by RacerBG »

I dont know what is the exact reason of your problem, but to be sure use DOSBOX. :wink:
JamesonJack
GP2 Newbie

Post by JamesonJack »

many thanks for your response. How do I go about getting it and installing it though?

thanks in advance!
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

DOSBOX :?: Download it here: http://www.dosbox.com/download.php?main=1

The install is ordinary. Follow the tutorials in youtube for how to run games, GP2 can be installed through DOSBOX also (version 0.74 is the latest and the best).

If you have more questions Im here... :)
tecnorge3
GP2 Starter

Post by tecnorge3 »

Welcome back, but I have no idea why you're using triple accounts. :?
JamesonJack
GP2 Newbie

Post by JamesonJack »

because I can't remember the password and email account I used so it was easier to just take a new name!

:o)
JamesonJack
GP2 Newbie

Post by JamesonJack »

Hi folks,

had a manic week at work so not been on here at all. I installed the dosbox and now plat it by dragging the GP2.EXE icon over to the dosbox desktop icon and it works!
Trouble is guys, the CPU is terrible and the screen is constantly really choppy! Do we have any ideas on how to fix this? I have mucked about with the frames/per sec setting sin the graphics section but nothing alters it.

hope you can help!
tecnorge3
GP2 Starter

Post by tecnorge3 »

If you play GP2 on your Win XP PC, please start GP2 in your directionary without using DOSBox. :) On my PC, GP2 is running smoother without DOSBox than with. :wink: