GP2 Racing World - Ultima GP - Race Results!

Here you can post criticisms, ideas or questions to the forum!
racer63
GP2 Gamer

Re: GP2 Racing World - Ultima GP - Qualifying!

Post by racer63 »

Ultima GP
[/b]

Jurg Woldenberg won at Ultima and is the 2011 GP2RW runner-up
[/b]

What a race here in Ultima. The circuit proved to be one of the season´s best and J. Woldenberg fought to the end to win the second overall place in the championship with Roberto Remedio, who had it in his hands. But today the DTRW - Viper was faster, while The Stig made his first podium and Marcio Schiavon closed a last race wich gives a new hope for M.S.R. Andreas Schulz was fifth and an incredible Markus Rotter crossing the line with a water leak. Matt O´Donell and on of his best races in the 7th place. And Todorov? He couldn´t enter in the points.

Start of the last race of the season. Todorov does a bad start and Remedio and J Woldenberg passed before entering the first corner.

A crash in the first corner. Antonio Pessoa is punted by one of the AS-TK F1 - BMW. On the brazilian driver´s way out of the track, he collected Jurate Gemskyte. Both cars crashed into the wall. Pessoa was out of the race and Gemskyte continued.

The postions in the first meters. J Woldenberg, Remedio, Todorov, R Woldenberg and The Stig.

Roberto Remedio and the first attempt to overtake J Woldenberg.

On lap 2 J Woldenberg started to make a gap over Remedio. And now was Todorov who attacked Remedio. Note The Stig overtaking R Woldenberg, behind.

Andreas Schulz did some strange movement over Dan Richards on the first corner. They touched wheels in a high speed chase. Fortunatelly there was no problems. See MAtt O´Donell position.

One of the many attacks of Todorov over Remedio. This track is beautifull but is one of those hard to pass.

The Minarae cars wanted to say goodbye to the year with a good race. This is Joe Rotter overtaking Nuvolari.

The two leaders were the first cars to enter into the pits. Todorov was first for a while.

Untortunatelly for DRTW, R Woldenberg abandoned the race with an electrical problem.

This was a key move in the race. Remedio -with the only good set of tires remaining- overtaking J Woldenberg for the lead. At this point, the brazilian was the second in the championship.

Now J Woldenberg had fallen a few meters behing Remedio and Todorov started a siege over the dutchman with the cars welded.

Schiavon overtakes O´Donnell at the end of the straight.

Andreas Schulz and the same bad move, touching wheels with another car in the first corner. This time, the victim was Matt O´Donnell. And again the good luck of not having a huge accident. The marshalls gave a 5 seconds penalty over Schulz for two dangerous moves.

Second round of pitstops. Remedio, the first man to pit.

Todorov returned to the track behind Dan Richards, after his own pitstop. But the bulgarian team had a bad strategy with his driver. He pitted very late in the race. Also Todorov had very bad luck of finding Richards on his way. He lost precious time and couldn´t overtake J. Woldenberg, while the dutchman was into the pits. While Todorov reached the pit exit, Woldenberg was returning to the race.

Now to speak. Stig was 17 seconds in front of Remedio.

Woldenberg started to gain seconds against Remedio in a thrilling chase, with Todorov behind.

Todorov decided to enter pits (I think was the last car to do it). Clearly a bad strategy as I said before. He returned in 13th position.

Now Woldenberg is closing with Remedio! and trying to take the second position in the league.

And he went through.

While all this happened, Todorov was fighting with Joe Rotter. The Minarae driver recovered against the bulgarian and overtaked in an odd place in the track.

Incredible Markus Rotter crossing the finish line with the car almost on fire. He stopped a few meters ahead.

And J Woldenberg wins this awesome race

Official Race Results

Code: Select all

Race Results                   ³              
              ³                   ------------                   ³              
              ³                Ultima GP - Ultima                ³              
              ³                     (35 Laps)                    ³                        
              ³ Pos   Driver                      Time/Speed     ³              
              ³                                                  ³              
              ³  1st  Jurg vd Woldenberg          1h 14m 09.173s ³              
              ³       DRTW - Viper                               ³              
              ³  2nd  Roberto Remedio             +4.505s        ³              
              ³       Caccere - Holden                           ³              
              ³  3rd  The Stig                    +10.607s       ³              
              ³       M.S.R. - Honda                             ³              
              ³  4th  Marco Schiavon              +21.648s       ³              
              ³       M.S.R. - Honda                             ³              
              ³  5th  Andreas Schulz              +29.653s       ³              
              ³       AS-TK F1 - BMW                             ³              
              ³  6th  Markus Rotter               +32.856s       ³              
              ³       Minarae - Misfire                          ³              
              ³  7th  Matt O'Donnell              +35.708s       ³              
              ³       SME Racing - Mercedes                      ³              
              ³  8th  Jens Dings                  +37.225s       ³              
              ³       AD - Heave                                 ³              
              ³  9th  Rickard Alingas             +40.992s       ³              
              ³       K-Speed - Honda                            ³              
              ³ 10th  Dan Richards                +41.463s       ³              
              ³       PixelDreams - Cosworth                     ³              
              ³ 11th  Georgi Todorov              +41.550s       ³              
              ³       TeamBulgaria - Mercedes                    ³              
              ³ 12th  Joe Rotter                  +43.810s       ³              
              ³       Minarae - Misfire                          ³              
              ³ 13th  Nuri Hummels                +46.141s       ³              
              ³       ADAC RaceCom - Mercedes                    ³              
              ³ 14th  Jurate Gemskyte             +49.955s       ³              
              ³       PixelDreams - Cosworth                     ³              
              ³ 15th  David Stunnenberg           +50.561s       ³              
              ³       Simtek - Ford                              ³              
              ³ 16th  Emerson dos Santos          +51.559s       ³              
              ³       Liberty - Chevrolet                        ³              
              ³ 17th  Petri Karttunen             +1m 17.316s    ³              
              ³       Peze Team - Cosworth                       ³              
              ³ 18th  Thomas Kost                 Transmission   ³              
              ³       AS-TK F1 - BMW                             ³              
              ³ 19th  Tim de Klein                Electrical     ³              
              ³       Simtek - Ford                              ³              
              ³ 20th  Leonardo Barbosa            Transmission   ³              
              ³       Caccere - Holden                           ³              
              ³ 21st  Tazio Nuvolari              Engine         ³              
              ³       Peze Team - Cosworth                       ³              
              ³ 22nd  Rick vd Woldenberg          Loose Wheel    ³              
              ³       DRTW - Viper                               ³              
              ³ 23rd  Henning Fisser              Transmission   ³              
              ³       ADAC RaceCom - Mercedes                    ³              
              ³ 24th  Nico Weidlinger             Transmission   ³              
              ³       K-Speed - Honda                            ³              
              ³ 25th  Alex Diehl                  Electrical     ³              
              ³       AD - Heave                                 ³              
              ³ 26th  Antonio Pessoa              Didn't Finish  ³              
              ³       Liberty - Chevrolet
Final Championshiop Positions
Final Constructors Positions
Congratulations Georgi Todorov and Team Bulgaria Mercedes!!

And thanks to all of you who kept and eye in this league. Next year, the GP2RW will comeback... stay tuned.
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Re: GP2 Racing World - Ultima GP - Race Results!

Post by RacerBG »

For the first time from a very while Im out of the points for a MISTAKE not for an accident. :lol:

Congratu;ations to all drivers and Racer63 ofcourse. =D>

Nice trophy btw. 8)
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Wow, tenth place in the race for my bunch of Eurobrun-esque backmarkers! PixelDreams for the 2012 championship :lol:
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
Hawke
GP2 Starter

Post by Hawke »

A nice race secured the second place in both championships.... a good year for our team. Lets start the 2012 campange, with devolping our new car.
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

Thats remember me that I must make a 2012 livery for my superb team. 8)
tecnorge3
GP2 Starter

Post by tecnorge3 »

Well, the quali standings are looking for me a bit odd, but that was a nice season. :)
nimrod111
GP2 Gamer

Post by nimrod111 »

Veeery veeery gooood! This is the race I would have seen for the entire season. :D

I won the championship of the backmakers :lol: \:D/

...next year victory must be mine! :evil: :D
racer63
GP2 Gamer

Post by racer63 »

tecnorge3 wrote:Well, the quali standings are looking for me a bit odd, but that was a nice season. :)
I swear I didn´t touch anything in the cars, before the quali. Just the damage and the grip points to the three first from the race before, as always.

I think the results of some drivers was a tribute to those league backmakers like O´Donnell, Alingas and Richards. :lol: If wasn´t for the crash in the beginning, also Gemstike was for a top ten. He started from 11 or 12 and was deadly last closing the first lap, but he arrived 14th overall.
racer63
GP2 Gamer

Post by racer63 »

Well is over. I don´t know when the next season will start, but I have some ideas.

First of all the grip points won by the three first driver on each race was too much (30,20,10) I think this grip point system will continue, but now will be something like (10,8,5). Also, maybe we´ll have no F1 cars or maybe yes, who knows.

Also, Le Mans Special was good, but I think I wont do it next year. It´s a 4 hours race [-o< too long. Again, maybe, the Le Mans race will be replaced by another "normal" race in the league, so we´ll have 21 races.

And one more thing. It´s not fair for some teams not to have some management. We´ll have as many teams as people who can follow the races. Where was Simtek, Ad-Heave, ADAC Racecom or SME Racing owners? So everybody will have to confirm the inscription for 2012. Oh... and I will have myself my own team: AR-Racing :twisted:

Also there´s some chance that we will have people from outside GP2.de, from FGP2, who want to race, I don´t know. All dependes of FGP2 drivers and Eugene Uskoff, who asked me to be in.

All this ideas will have another thread with the rules for 2012 :arrow:
tecnorge3
GP2 Starter

Post by tecnorge3 »

racer63 wrote:
tecnorge3 wrote:Well, the quali standings are looking for me a bit odd, but that was a nice season. :)
I swear I didn´t touch anything in the cars, before the quali. Just the damage and the grip points to the three first from the race before, as always.
No, I mean that you didn't paste the standings in code what you actually always do. :wink:
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

Well my answer is clear :arrow: I will be again here for the 2012 championship. 8)
Peze
GP2 Gamer

Post by Peze »

Not much points in the last races :roll: ...but next season can be better.

Will there be changes for the rules ?
racer63
GP2 Gamer

Post by racer63 »

Yes I think we´ll have some minor changes, like the amount of grop pints gained in a race for the first, second an third, and the grip points available for the season. I´ll have it much more clear in some days.
racer63
GP2 Gamer

Post by racer63 »

tecnorge3 wrote:
racer63 wrote:
No, I mean that you didn't paste the standings in code what you actually always do. :wink:
Fixed!