What If.....

Here you can post criticisms, ideas or questions to the forum!
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

What If.....

Post by RacerBG »

What if we can use GP2Edit and/or GP2Lap to swap the carsets used in the game directly :?: We can use for that .BAT files and to modify a little the game folders and/or to modify GP2Lap. :-k

I had thinked about this a lot, but if we can use Fragata TM to swap tracks why not to swap carsets too but with another or similar program :?:

If there are some mans who understad better than me HEX editing they're welcome. :wink:

If you have any ideas how to do this please write a comment. :wink:

Because CSM for GP2 will be great achievment. 8)
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Re: What If.....

Post by RacerBG »

For now the most realistic option is: to make BAT files to execute the right file using some program like GP2.EXE or GP2Lap.exe. :-k

Here is a good tutorial :arrow: http://www.wikihow.com/Write-a-Batch-File
AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »

Don"t need it! I have several GP2 installations on my hd.
One for track editing, one for testing carsets, several F1, Irl, champcar, sportscar seasons ...........
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

AAS wrote:Don"t need it! I have several GP2 installations on my hd.
One for track editing, one for testing carsets, several F1, Irl, champcar, sportscar seasons ...........
Im using that method too but I will try my theory if it works..... :roll:
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

Maybe I'm just misunderstanding the idea, but what additional functionality should this provide? You already are swapping basically all of the stuff relevant to a carset by exporting out of GP2Edit, don't you? The only minor inconvenience I'd see is that you have to export the carshape out of CarEditor if necessary (i.e. the "new" carset is made for a different shape). Fragata TM does everything needed for the tracks, as well.
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

AD wrote:Maybe I'm just misunderstanding the idea, but what additional functionality should this provide? You already are swapping basically all of the stuff relevant to a carset by exporting out of GP2Edit, don't you? The only minor inconvenience I'd see is that you have to export the carshape out of CarEditor if necessary (i.e. the "new" carset is made for a different shape). Fragata TM does everything needed for the tracks, as well.
My original idea is to have program that directly load the carsets (something like CSM) in GP2. :wink: This is just an idea, nothing more. :)