JAM error in TrackEditor

Here you can post criticisms, ideas or questions to the forum!
Mykhailo
GP2 Newbie

JAM error in TrackEditor

Post by Mykhailo »

When I locate some JAM file in TE's tree, it says it fails to load it any time. Also some tracks can't be viewed in 3D, is there a fix for these problems?
Mykhailo
GP2 Newbie

Re: JAM error in TrackEditor

Post by Mykhailo »

BTW as I remember JAMs were loading properly before I've moved GP2 and tools on another drive, can this be a reason?
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Hm, for me it never worked as far as I know. I always open jam-files with a jam-editor.

The pathes are realtive to the track, it always targets the gamejams-folder, where GP2 is. At least all the tracks work ingame, so that should be no issue. Maybe there are some constraints with folder-names, so if longer than 8, it can`t be found? That`s speculation though :-k

That issue was a very common one 20 years ago, when the tool was created.
Mykhailo
GP2 Newbie

Post by Mykhailo »

This way I can just add location to the tree and that's all I need? I'm just trying to find out how to texture the scenery.
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Hm, with fiddling around it should be possible, but it is indeed tedious. :-k

I only made small adaptions to the tracks so far and that was sufficient, Hopefully one of our trackmaking-experts has better ideas to help you out
Mykhailo
GP2 Newbie

Post by Mykhailo »

I was trying to edit the tracks already after reading some tutorials, so I guess I know a bit of something about it.