Is there a track template for editor?

Here you can post criticisms, ideas or questions to the forum!
Mykhailo
GP2 Newbie

Is there a track template for editor?

Post by Mykhailo »

I wonder is there some blank template for TrackEditor to make tracks from a scratch?
Antonio Pessoa
GP2 Gamer

Re: Is there a track template for editor?

Post by Antonio Pessoa »

Hi,

Since some years, I use a kind of "clean track.dat" I've made several years ago. I picked an original Microprose GP2 track, as Estoril, and deleted most of track sectors, pit lane sectors and all cc-line, leaving only the sectors enough to create a short oval, like Martinsville, which loads in GP2, and it's possible to drive. It already has the pit lane entrance and pit lane exit commands, and some other needed commands to load in the game.

I use that "clean track" (short oval) as base for new GP2 tracks, inserting new track sections, pitlane sections, editing fences/wall distances, inserting other commands, objects, textures, etc etc. It's my "blank template" for all those brand new GP2 tracks released in the last years.

(BTW: In the track editor, the track name and country is written "pista limpa" and "limpa", which means "clean track" and "clean" in Portuguese)
Attachments
CLEAN_TRACK_CLEAN_2012.zip
(2.73 KiB) Downloaded 296 times
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
GP2 TrackMaker
Mykhailo
GP2 Newbie

Re: Is there a track template for editor?

Post by Mykhailo »

Thank you, got it downloaded. I've opened it in TrackEditor and will try to work with it. BTW, for some reason my TE can't load gamejams and the World View doesen't work for some tracks, IDK what causes it.