A Reddit.

Here you can post criticisms, ideas or questions to the forum!
allanbr
GP2 Newbie

A Reddit.

Post by allanbr »

As we now, in the Grandprix2.de we are not having the new mods posted there, so when i was sleeping, i had a idea: If we had a Reddit to post the mods there? :-k
If we had, will be easier to people who dont know how search the mods here in the forum, and there could be a spiritual brother from Grandprix2.de.
The thing is: The Reddit have the forum function, and we alredy have this forum, so this situation gets more complex. So this make a creation of a Reddit unnecessary. Well, if you want or not, tell here in the comments, this community is incredible to talk with \:D/
"And if you not going for a gap, that exists you're not a racing driver anymore"
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Re: A Reddit.

Post by rremedio »

I really don't like Reddit so I can't help you with that. I don't think it is a great place to list mods because of the way it works, but it is a great place to post new mods and to make a game or community more visible, so it would probably very something nice to have. It just can't replace a forum like this as a repository for files and info.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
eky78
GP2 Gamer

Post by eky78 »

Like rremedio said, this forum is unreplaceable, but if it can help the community in being more visible, using Reddit could be interesting.
I don´t know how many in general know this website or that there is still a community for GP2, but the game is still well known and more people than we think are still using it or would like to...I´ve opened an account on Twitter recently and it was amazing to find a recent video of a former BTCC driver who was playing GP2!

But again I don´t know how it works this Reddit, would it be enough to just put links to this forum/website for new releases?
ismael
GP2 Racer

Post by ismael »

Back in 2014, when I suddenly asked myself what could I found about Grand Prix 2 online, it didn't take long to find this forum.
I suppose, even cleaning cookies, it still appears in the Google first page for a random search for Grand Prix 2.

I suppose it would be good to gather more people interested in GP2, especially for some guys interested in offline competition. But I wonder if bringing a lot of people into this forum wouldn't make it look more like modern internet and less like the easygoing, constructive early days of internet, pre-social media.

Modding GP2 demands some self-work and not everyone will be interested to devote the time and effort it takes. I, for example, am not interested in changing Magic Data for put tracks in different slots than they're recommended :wink: I suppose those people interested in devoting that time of effort will be able to Google for Grand Prix 2 as a first step. Anyway, I'm not a Reddit user, so I don't know.
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

Post by roland ratzenberger »

ismael wrote:
01.12.2020, 18:26
Back in 2014, when I suddenly asked myself what could I found about Grand Prix 2 online, it didn't take long to find this forum.
I suppose, even cleaning cookies, it still appears in the Google first page for a random search for Grand Prix 2.

I suppose it would be good to gather more people interested in GP2, especially for some guys interested in offline competition. But I wonder if bringing a lot of people into this forum wouldn't make it look more like modern internet and less like the easygoing, constructive early days of internet, pre-social media.

Modding GP2 demands some self-work and not everyone will be interested to devote the time and effort it takes. I, for example, am not interested in changing Magic Data for put tracks in different slots than they're recommended :wink: I suppose those people interested in devoting that time of effort will be able to Google for Grand Prix 2 as a first step. Anyway, I'm not a Reddit user, so I don't know.
i agree with ismael this casual nature of this site that reminds some more romantic days is perfetc.. i dont think reddit is necessary to promote the game and the site itself. anyone who is interested in the game can see it in youtube and very easily to find a site to download it too. further more grand prix2.de comes as a second result in google if you type ..grand prix 2. So i think that there is no need for further <<advertisement>> . lewis hamilton in the german gp made this work for us :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: . https://simrace247.com/2020/10/11/lewis ... nd-prix-2/