Say hello if your still playing GP2

Here you can post criticisms, ideas or questions to the forum!
RegazzoniFan
GP2 Newbie

Re: Say hello if your still playing GP2

Post by RegazzoniFan »

Hello, I've just started playing GP2 but cut my teeth on World Circuit decades ago. Saw recorded races on YouTube and then found this site. Just got a CD on ebay and game is on a Windows 10 system with DosBox .074 and D-Fend. Still some minor technical issues with sound and getting my Flight Yoke and Pedals to work with the game. Hopefully I may find an answer here.

There is something about this game, perhaps because it is arcade in style and yet technical and detailed in scope. I expect to modify things as I become more familiar with it's out of the box version, start adding tracks and car sets. I'm a fan of the 70s more so than todays racing. I like true manual gear shifting as opposed to paddles.

regards,

Regazzonifan
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Hello! After idk how much time (1 year?). I finally played GP2 again.

"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
racer63
GP2 Gamer

Post by racer63 »

Hello all:

After 2 years, reinstalled GP2 with 2019 carset.

Also back to here and glad to see old friends still posting and making new stuff for this sim.

I thank you all.
ismael
GP2 Racer

Post by ismael »

Hello all,

I'm playing GP2, although I don't have proper time to play.
I'm considering an alternative way of playing. Before getting into GP2 in the late Nineties, I played some other famous racing games on the consoles of the time:

F1 1993 (by Domark)
Super Monaco GP
Ayrton Senna's Super Monaco GP II

Those arcade games were fun, even if each race took just 5 or 6 laps. And, if I remember, there was a single chance to qualify (a system that, later, real life Formula 1 adopted, in 2003).
There are more than 200 or 300 tracks (thanks to this community) that I'd like to give a go.
So I guess I'll do that. Whenever I don't have the time to my favourite 50% Race Distance model, I'll do 10% Race Distance championships. Arcade championships.
narva93
GP2 Starter

Post by narva93 »

Hello, I registered kinda some months ago, altough I had already played the game in the past, I have vague memories of playing it like being two years old at my aunt's computer (windows 3.11, pentium 286, etc), then I played it for some time, then stopped, and then returned.

Currently I have the original version in rom station and the modded one in a folder in my desktop. Right now I am racing the 1987 championship with a Larrousse-Lola Ford with Yannick Dalmas. I am currently in 2nd position and lola is leading the constructors championships, while I am second just behind of ANDREA DE CESARIS. Yes, I have all the cars running as if it was a spec series.

After that I am gonna do the 2000 Moto GP Championship with the carset of that season, which you can find in the transformed to f1 sessions.
El seny, si no es combina amb una ferma voluntat de combat, no és res més que una mostra de covardia.
iKeysRacing
GP2 Newbie

Post by iKeysRacing »

Ciao to everybody,

just to reply to Breakfailure that yes, after more than 25 years since its release...I still play GP2.
And despite I've tried many other sims in these 25 years...I still come back to GP2.

Mainly for its playability, then for its easy possibility to fine tune almost eevry aspect, then I would add (when I don't want to work on it over and over) its easy mod-ability available thanks to the beautiful bible that grandprix2.de is.

Definetly, my choice for racing games above all.

Cheers.
Marco
Marco Lazzari
Youtube: iKeysRacing
lhking74
GP2 Newbie

Post by lhking74 »

Just dusted off GP2 and started playing it again. A lot of times I just like to setup a race, with no players, and just watch the races. Geoff Crammond's games are simply gold!
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Welcome! Watching the computer run races is a long tradition of the GP2 community :mrgreen:
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
samsepi0l
GP2 Racer

Post by samsepi0l »

sometimes when I break down and fail to finish I will make a snack and watch the rest of the race in TV mode. Sometimes I pretend I am Murray Walker LOL.
narva93
GP2 Starter

Post by narva93 »

haha! actually there are some add-ons for download in the website which puts Murray's commentary in the game.
El seny, si no es combina amb una ferma voluntat de combat, no és res més que una mostra de covardia.
volcom87
GP2 Newbie

Post by volcom87 »

Hello!

I played GP2 in late 90´s when I was young boy. Last year I started watching youtube videos about GP2, especially Ted Meat videos.

So I bought wheel and pedals, installed GP2, GP2edit and dosbox (ECE). Now I have started "semi-pro" season, driving in Jordan 1994. Nice challenge! And driving feels great.

After GP2 season I am going to drive GP3 season. I am planning to drive multiple season with GP2, GP3 and GP4.
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

We run the Retro Racing Manager's League using Grand Prix 2!!!

https://downforceradio.uk/page/retro-ra ... s-league-7
Find me on @jakesansonofficial or www.jakesanson.com
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Come and play the RRML using Grand Prix 2 via Downforce Racing YouTube channel!
neilwhitedesign
GP2 Newbie

Post by neilwhitedesign »

Hello Jake

Any news on when the 1991 season will be starting?

I'm in need of my RRML fix!
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

We're finishing the BTCC season this week, and we'll be in the midsts of GPWS too. 1991 will start in July.
Find me on @jakesansonofficial or www.jakesanson.com
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Come and play the RRML using Grand Prix 2 via Downforce Racing YouTube channel!
neilwhitedesign
GP2 Newbie

Post by neilwhitedesign »

Thanks very much for the update, Jake.

I'll keep an eye out for 1991 next month (I can't wait!).

You did a superb job with the 1990 season, by the way.
I was gripped all the way through to the Adelaide showdown.

It was a shame about the incorrect 'Distance to pit in' value on the Phoenix circuit.
Nevertheless, it was still the most interesting race that track has ever seen!