New to GP2 - help with USB wheel and pedals

Here you can post criticisms, ideas or questions to the forum!
RegazzoniFan
GP2 Newbie

New to GP2 - help with USB wheel and pedals

Post by RegazzoniFan »

Greetings;
I am new to GP2 though I did originally have the World Circuit game 20+ years ago.
I'm getting into it because nothing on the web or any of the new racing games have
what this game has....simplicity and yet detail.

I have a CH Products Flight Yoke and Pedals from my FSX days. My system is Windows
10 and my inputs worked fine for FSX but for some reason these inputs do not get detected
in my GP2 game. I run the game in DosBox 0.74 (which does detect these two inputs) and
D-Fend. When I try to calibrate my yoke and pedals there is no movement of the red dot
nor does my 'fire' buttons register.

Perhaps one of the veterans here has familiarity with this and can offer either a help
or where I can go to find help. I suspect I need to configure something in the D-Fend
program where I launch my game in but not much help found in the program.

Thank you for your attention.
samsepi0l
GP2 Racer

Re: New to GP2 - help with USB wheel and pedals

Post by samsepi0l »

Have you had any luck? I am in a similar situation as you, I have a logitech driving force gt steering wheel and pedal set. I am able to get it to work but I am having issues because the GAS and BRAKE pedals are on different "joysticks" and different "axises".
iKeysRacing
GP2 Newbie

Post by iKeysRacing »

RegazzoniFan wrote:
22.01.2019, 14:22
Greetings;
I am new to GP2 though I did originally have the World Circuit game 20+ years ago.
I'm getting into it because nothing on the web or any of the new racing games have
what this game has....simplicity and yet detail.

I have a CH Products Flight Yoke and Pedals from my FSX days. My system is Windows
10 and my inputs worked fine for FSX but for some reason these inputs do not get detected
in my GP2 game. I run the game in DosBox 0.74 (which does detect these two inputs) and
D-Fend. When I try to calibrate my yoke and pedals there is no movement of the red dot
nor does my 'fire' buttons register.

Perhaps one of the veterans here has familiarity with this and can offer either a help
or where I can go to find help. I suspect I need to configure something in the D-Fend
program where I launch my game in but not much help found in the program.

Thank you for your attention.
Ciao RegazzoniFan (what a nice nick!! Great Clay!!),
maybe you then fixed this issue.
For what I know there's for sure a combination of you set + its software management for what it "says" to Windows everytime you make a movement or you click a button.
Plus is important that GP2 during setup&calibration is in a sort of learning modality.
I'm maybe late on this matter but I've solved the usage of my old Thrustmaster with the guide provided by TedMeat on Youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZedeS1 ... dFmvPGpOfI
I've followed each step and it worked. I hope it will do the same with you.
Cheers.
Marco
Marco Lazzari
Youtube: iKeysRacing
torana_05
GP2 Newbie

Post by torana_05 »

Hi guys I am wondering if you guys can help me out setting up my g27 wheel. For some strange reason GP2 can now pick up all four inputs with your settings, but when calibrating gp2 will not allow me to separate controller b axis. To be clearer I have these setting on DOSBox, Wheel on Axis1/2: X, and throttle on Axis3/4: Y+ and brake on> Axis3/4: X+, brake and accelerator are on two different axis (Vertical and Horizontal). I set gp2 up for this input but it asks for calibration from left to right not left and up as it should. If I complete the setup ignoring the right calibration I get calibration failed. When I map them on the same axis (or same controller) through DOSBox, gp2 does not pick up the controller. I have tried using the pedals on controller a and steering wheel b, but with the same result. When calibrating your pedals does it ask for the different axis or just left to right (or forwards and back).

Thanks
torana_05
GP2 Newbie

Post by torana_05 »

Never mind the above post. I figured out the control calibration driven box fixed the problem. After trying it for a while I've noticed the steering is really, really sensitive and the car tends to wander around the track with very little or no steering input. Does anyone know how to solve this?

Thanks
samsepi0l
GP2 Racer

Post by samsepi0l »

torana_05 wrote:
02.05.2021, 12:07
Never mind the above post. I figured out the control calibration driven box fixed the problem. After trying it for a while I've noticed the steering is really, really sensitive and the car tends to wander around the track with very little or no steering input. Does anyone know how to solve this?

Thanks
You should not be using standard dosbox, you should be using dosbox ECE.

Once you install ECE go into the configuration text file and set your wheel up with the "timed = true" setting.

There is a youtube video by ted meat that describes better than I do.
torana_05
GP2 Newbie

Post by torana_05 »

samsepi0l wrote:
02.05.2021, 14:44
torana_05 wrote:
02.05.2021, 12:07

Thanks
You should not be using standard dosbox, you should be using dosbox ECE.

Once you install ECE go into the configuration text file and set your wheel up with the "timed = true" setting.

There is a youtube video by ted meat that describes better than I do.
Hmm strange. I am using the timed=true setting and DoboxECE program as well and I still get the car 'wandering' down the straight. II think it is the feeling Ted Meat had in the first half of his gp2 season where he even commented on how sensitive it was. When I get time I will sit down and have another go