Two CC-Line?

Here you can post everything that fits in the topic "GP2 Screenshots & GP2 Patcher"
Michael82
GP2 Racer

Two CC-Line?

Post by Michael82 »

It is really possible to create a second CC line for a track with TrackEditor?
(TrackEditor--CC Line--Create--CCLine2)
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Re: Two CC-Line?

Post by Greyhead »

Is one for when cars are being lapped and they move off-line? Just an idea, I don't know anything about track-making :lol:
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

I think its impossible but I hate track editing so maybe I am wrong :lol:

(It was my mistake anyway. :mrgreen: Thank you AAS. :D )
Last edited by RacerBG on 29.05.2011, 19:09, edited 1 time in total.
AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »

(TrackEditor--CC Line--Create--CCLine2)

CCLine2 means not a second CC line!

Years ago the community hoped for a tool like " Auto ccline creation " in the track editor.
There were different appendages to program this. -without success.

You find the three (unfinished and not working) methods in the track editor.
TrackEditor--CC Line--Create--CCLine
TrackEditor--CC Line--Create--CCLine2 Experimental
TrackEditor--CC Line--Create--CCLine Ponk
Michael82
GP2 Racer

Post by Michael82 »

Thank you AAS. I would like to edit the AI of the CC Car.. but i'm not a programmer :/
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Michael82 wrote:Thank you AAS. I would like to edit the AI of the CC Car.. but i'm not a programmer :/
This would be awesome, hopefully it will be possible some time [-o< , but I doubt it :(
Michael82
GP2 Racer

Post by Michael82 »

Yes.. me too. I's strange.. Nobody know a programmer that he will could make this? GP2 is old game but with the quality of the new programmers it would be possible. A edit AI program and GP2 will be perfect even it is already perfect.
DEHUMANIZER95
GP2 Racer

Post by DEHUMANIZER95 »

And if Geoff Crammond would ever release the source codes for the GP Games it would beat Rfator and those new games!
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

For a new driving simulation, implementing a track AI that can use multiple predefined lines through a corner might be an interesting idea. It would be a different process, though, than just defining a cc line and having all cars basically follow that line unless they're being lapped or have to defend their position. Games like GP2, from what it looks like to me, just handle that kind of stuff by having the car deviate a certain amount from the defined cc line temporarily.

To predefine multiple possible lines through a corner, for example, would require some kind of logic check, as the implementation of the "AI" would then have to decide which line any car under its control should take at any time. This could look more believable, at least if it happens on a track which realistically would offer drivers the chance to take a different approach through a corner, but it would also add some complexity, because if there was more than one line the car could take, you have to proof the simulation against for some reason not selecting one of those lines, or the steering not responding on time. The most blatant illustrations for such "pathfinding" kind of applications are real-time strategy games, where, sometimes, you can watch wonderfully confused computer-controlled entities getting stuck while attempting to go around a rock, a tree or something like that.

This is not going to happen within the GP2 framework, obviously, as there's no indication whatsoever that access to the source code or anything like that would be given. Still, it would be an interesting concept to research if there's a developer out there who, some day, may actually go through with doing another serious racing sim with not just convincingly accurate physics and 3D models, but also a cc behavior where they don't break all out if somebody weaves in front of them (as when you close the door on somebody pursuing you in a certain recent much PR-hyped title).
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

This will be very interesting but who can do that :?: