Buliding a car, how do you do?

Here you can post everything that fits in the topic "GP2 Screenshots & GP2 Patcher"
HF
GP2 Star

Buliding a car, how do you do?

Post by HF »

Do you paint all pices directly on the car or do you copy the part and update it external?

So does a car looks like, if it isn't finished in the "patching days":

I'll start with a older or a blank season car and patch it part by part :wink: :wink: :wink:
- . -
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

I almost never enlarge the bitmap to over 256x164 pixels.

In most cases I have openend a pic of the car and then I paint what I see on that pic into the bitmap (with paint, one pixel after the other). Then I optimize this base step by step.

Sometimes I copy the sidepods from the cars into the bitmap (after I resized them of course). But this doesn't happen too often (STR, A1GP-car, GP2-Series-car). When it's in the bitmap I update it as long as you don't see anymore that it was a picture once.

I also add the sponsors always in already resized version (sometimes I have to try 3, 4 times to get the right size).

BTW: Looks you made some nice improvement on the McLaren-nose. I like it!
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

Yes I'm untydied :wink: :wink: :wink:
- . -
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

I have a series of small bitmaps that act like French Curves do in technical drawing, they're all different colours which are smoothed into each other so I can create smooth curves or lines easily.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

I start with a car from the previous year, or a blank model. Than i add basic color layers. Than i do stuf like sidepods, airbox, etc. (Flaps before rear-wheels and exhaust (sometimes) from real pictures, but made smoother and less colors so it looks more realistic). Than i add sponsors from internet searching (scaled down with Photoshop).

And some small things that give it "my" touch... (wich i'm not gonna tell... )

TdK.
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

TdK wrote:I start with a car from the previous year, or a blank model. Than i add basic color layers. Than i do stuf like sidepods, airbox, etc. (Flaps before rear-wheels and exhaust (sometimes) from real pictures, but made smoother and less colors so it looks more realistic). Than i add sponsors from internet searching (scaled down with Photoshop).

And some small things that give it "my" touch... (wich i'm not gonna tell... )

TdK.

I did it the same way during my skinning times :)