GP2LAP.CFG

Here you can post everything that fits in the topic "GP2 Screenshots & GP2 Patcher"
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

GP2LAP.CFG

Post by jakesanson »

Hey guys,

Just moved house so setting everything back up again so as to continue on with the WRL.

Struggling with GP2Lap installation!! How do I use the GP2LAP.CFG file to save changes? I open it with WordPad to make the SVGA carshape distance changes etc etc, but it won't save!!

And whilst I'm at it, I can't remember how I link GP2Lap to GP2.EXE in order to play it.

Any help would be really great ASAP, as we're already two months behind on the league so we have LOTS of racing to do over the summer!!
Find me on @jakesansonofficial or www.jakesanson.com
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Come and play the RRML using Grand Prix 2 via Downforce Racing YouTube channel!
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Re: GP2LAP.CFG

Post by Greyhead »

Try opening the CFG file with Notepad, not Wordpad, that should work.

As for GP2Lap, you have to put it in the same folder as GP2.exe, then start GP2 by opening GP2lap. it will open GP2 automatically if I remember right.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
DEHUMANIZER95
GP2 Racer

Post by DEHUMANIZER95 »

If you want to change the settings of GP2Lap try WinGP2Lap.exe
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

Any more suggestions? Really struggling here! Nothing seems to be working!!
Find me on @jakesansonofficial or www.jakesanson.com
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Come and play the RRML using Grand Prix 2 via Downforce Racing YouTube channel!
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

GP2Lap must be placed in the same directory as GP2.exe, then it should work. If you use DosBox than you can directly start with the GP2Lap.exe, if you start it directly out of xp (works in SP2) you must start it with VDMSound (in the contextmenu). It then generates a link to the GP2Lap.exe which you can execute for playing.

I also edited the cfg with normal notepad, maybe the file is marked as "read only" in the attributes?
AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »