RPM Limits

Here you can post everything that fits in the topic "GP2 Screenshots & GP2 Patcher"
TdK
GP2 Pro

Re: RPM Limits

Post by TdK »

Roberto, i've noticed that Gp2 is more realistic in one other way. If you increase (or decrease) the engine revs, the fuel consumption changes to. I've revd (?) up Gp2 (WIP NL² 2000 mod.) to 17.500 rpm, and now i need to increase the fuel load within the trackfile of every track! :o Or else cc-cars and player car will run out of fuel before finishing the race... :(

I found out if you take the old fuel load value (example 5050) and you want to change it for good use with new RPM data, you can use a simple formula. 5050 / 15500 (old Gp2 revs) x 17800 (my new Gp2 2000 revs). This makes a value of: 5799. This is a perfect value, fuel consumption is O.K. now. This works for several tracks, i tested it already. :wink:

Maybe it's an idea to take this value and formula within your physics editor. :-k
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

It really changes the consumption. For the same reason, the consumption is changed when you change your gear ratios in the setup.

Your formula is perfect to quickly adjust fuel loads for tracks that already runs right with previous RPMs. But I believe changing the track fuel value is not the best way to adjust fuel consumption.

This value is the amount of fuel in 1.0 fuel lap (that value you see in the cockpit). The fuel consumption is another value which is stored in the slot data. For that reason, if you adjust the fuel value using the track in one slot, it will perform diferently in other slot. For the same reason, just adjusting the fuel value won't give similar effects for player and ccs.

Changing the amount of fuel in 1 lap means you are changing the weight of 1 fuel lap. You can easily test it by using a giant value, saving a game and checking the car weight in hof2lap.

So I believe the best way to sort out fuel consumption is to give a fuel value and then correct the fuel consumption with the magic data.

If you remember my failed attempt to create a 2009 F1 performance pack, I've used real data about the car weights after the qualifying to calculate (based on pit stop laps) the correct "fuel value" for the tracks, than I've adjusted the magic data and the results were great.

Of course you won't be able get real file data in most cases, but the point is that adjuting the magic data is better than adjusting the fuel load becouse it will work the same way in all slots, always with the same balance between the player and the ccs.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

GP2 Physics Editor first version is ready. I just need to write some information and create some samples and it will be released. :D
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

Great news, I'm sure I can use it for more realistic sportscar performances. \:D/
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project