Help

Here you can post everything that fits in the topic "GP2 Screenshots & GP2 Patcher"
hansel
GP2 Newbie

Help

Post by hansel »

Hi friends:

I got a problem: I enjoyed Christian Hoenicke's Montecarlo 1950 for several years, but, any months ago when i try to drive in this circuit (in every slot) the game block... I try download again and reinstall but continue the same problem.

Anyone has the same problem? if it is... what i have to do to recover this track?

Thanks in advance and congratulations to everyone for make gp2 best racing game ever.
David
AD
GP2 Acc

Re: Help

Post by AD »

Welcome aboard,

unfortunately, I've never heard of this particular track version, so it's difficult for me to say something really specific. I can only assume you did the track installation correctly, as long as you've got it to work previously.

The only thing regarding the track I could have imagined is that it is over the standard GP2 track file limit (62 KB), in case of which this could apply. You could easily verify or falsify that by taking a look at the .dat file.

Otherwise, the only reason for the game freezing/crashing I could imagine would be some kind of corruption of your actual GP2 installation (although I don't have a reason why that would affect only one track). In that case, you could try making a new "test installation" in another directory and check if it's working with that one.

Sorry if I can't come up with more specific ideas at the moment. :|
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

If it doesn't help what AD says, the track size limit is my first idea too, then please upload the track including Jam files
on this forum as an attachment, or send a link to the *.zip file.

As a track maker i can find out "if" there is a problem within the track.

But first i would say to patch Gp2's track size limit, and check if Gp2 itself is correct/healthy. :wink:
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

I think you are right. I've used to play that track and I believe it needs GP2Limit.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
hansel
GP2 Newbie

Post by hansel »

First at all thank for your help.

Yes. really this track needs gplimit, but i have patched my gp2, and the other 4 gp2 that i have installed in my pc, And the problem exists in all current setups. Really i don't know what could happen, the track works perfectly during several years. When i arrive home try to upload here the actual status with its jams folder.

Greetings
David
hansel
GP2 Newbie

Post by hansel »

here you are. I hope it serves you
Attachments
monaco1950.zip
(702.71 KiB) Downloaded 460 times
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

I've tested out the 1950 Monaco track. But it works good. No problems at all... :?

Strange bug you have then... I don't have any idea what the problem could be on your Gp2... :|
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
hansel
GP2 Newbie

Post by hansel »

Well, finally i've reinstalled GP2 and the track works again... :shock: Computering mysterys.... \:D/
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

Well, that's good news, after all. :wink:
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..