Engine power / topspeeds in Gp2

Here you can post everything that fits in the topic "GP2 Screenshots & GP2 Patcher"
TdK
GP2 Pro

Engine power / topspeeds in Gp2

Post by TdK »

Hi all...

This is a great forum.

I'd like to say something about engine power and most important topspeed issues in Gp2.

Making topspeed correct in Gp2 is difficult. 2006 cars don't even like in one certain way with the 1994 cars wich gp2 is based on.
The engine power i use in my carsets is a calculated engine power wich gives real data.
So, a 2006 ferrari in real life produces about 774Hp. This is based on topspeed data.
Using this data gives the best track performance in gp2 compared with the drivers grip.

It's a long story why cars now go faster on topspeed with smaller engines and less horsepower then back in 1994.
I've you would like to know why, i can send you an e-mail with the explanation. I can explain it well because i'm a car-mechanic, so that won't be to hard.

For others it's the easiest way to just pump up the engine power till about 875 HP for a ferrari until you get the topspeed they drive in Monza nowadays, wich for a ferrari is about 350 km/h (real 2006 data).

How to power-up the cars is discribed in a forum-post early on.

So my engine power is real with 2006. But to make it real for Gp2 you just need to power-up the cars a little.

I hope with this i explained the low power in my carsets, and what to do about it to make it useable for Gp2.

TdK.
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

You're right... I've thought about this before, because there are lists occasionally with the supposed power of the real F1 engines, and like you say, if you just punch that into GP2, it's not entirely accurate...

I have to admit though I don't pay that much attention to it in the game, as long as the differences between the teams are realistic... it's never going to be a 1:1 recreation of the real Formula 1, because there's the well known issue with the track slots making the times go up and down, depending on how you put them in order.

After all, the game is more than ten years old because development obviously started earlier than 1996... it's amazing to me the game is still alive after all this time and that it's accurate enough to play a modern-day F1 season with it that turns it surprisingly close to the real ones... :-)
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »

I think Gp2 is a GAME and this :
I don't pay that much attention to it in the game, as long as the differences between the teams are realistic

is in my opinion correct.
TdK
GP2 Pro

Engine power

Post by TdK »

You're both right, the only 1 thing that matters is that the differences between the teams (and drivers) are realistic.
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

I absolutely agree with the previous speakers! ;-)

I wanted to say that your sets are really amazing Tim! I especially like the rears of your cars (exhausts, etc) and the air intake (behind the driver). But the rest is very good, too, of course! :lol:
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »

I am not an expert such as V12-Power. :wink:
But I like you carsets too.

From my download statistics :
September 2006
grandprix2.de/Carsets/csF1/06/1.15.06_TdK.zip 144 downloads

Oktober 2006
grandprix2.de/Carsets/csF1/06/1.17.06_TdK.zip 232 downloads
grandprix2.de/Carsets/csF1/06/1.15.06_TdK.zip 137 downloads