Fantasy cars and carset DFM2006

Here you can post everything that fits in the topic "GP2 Screenshots & GP2 Patcher"
AAS
GP2 Star

Fantasy cars and carset DFM2006

Post by AAS »

The Original car is the Panoz car by Francois Terrien
I have shifted some points of this car in the careditor.
The wheels are created with FK's new "wheel-solution.

I found a simple solution for this bug :

The shape of this car is unrealistic !
This is a fantasy car and I have created a simple fantasy carset.

Should I upload this work ?

More screens :
( http://grandprix2.de/screens/noris/noris.html )

Last edited by AAS on 26.11.2006, 23:01, edited 1 time in total.
AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »

The name of the carset is "DFM2006"
Deutsche Fahrermeisterschaft 2006

ALL driver are germans.
Jörg,Dirk Mueller, Huelkenberg, Michael Ammermueller, Vettel, Scheider,
Vietoris, Sven and Nick Heidfeld, the Schumis..............

Some helmets are missing :(
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

Wow!!! Really really nice!!! :D I really like the idea and the way you made it. I think you should put it online of course! Maybe, but this is only an idea, you could include the Porsche Spyder and the Audi R10 (would be nice for this all german championship ;-)). When I see those great screenshots so many ideas come to my mind... there are so many nice open prototypes out there ;-) (the Pescarolo for example, the colour-scheme looks fantastic imo). But this would all go to far, I should finish the 1991 set first. :) :roll: BTW: Nice job with the SLR!
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

V12-Power wrote:Wow!!! Really really nice!!! :D

Agreed :lol:

Please publish it!!!
- . -
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

@AAS: I just remembered I have 2 other (very well made) open german prototypes. I found them in a 1999 Le Mans carset by Chris Rimmer. It's an Audi R8R and a BMW V12 LM. The only thing missing are the wheels made after the new idea. If you want I could send them to you!?
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

Seems there is no interest...
AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »

I wanted to wait if there is interest for the carset.
Seems there is not much interest...
Therefore I will not longer work on it.

Please send them to me.
Perhaps I can use it later
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

I only know there is at least a small group of people who are interested in it. When I started the sportscar thing a while ago I got 2 or 3 mails of people who liked this idea. And when there are some guys who even write a mail I guess there will be some more around who'll download and play. But of course there's not so much interest as there is for actual F1- or Champcar-carsets.

But anyhow, I know what you mean...
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

Could you send me the set and the carshape? I would like to race with it! :)
AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »

V12-Power wrote:Could you send me the set and the carshape? I would like to race with it! :)

look in your gmx.net mailbox please.
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

Hi Andreas! Thank you for the fast mail with the carset. I really like it, it's fun to play with it!

I have an idea for the carshape, I tried to show it in a pic. It's a small and very easy update, which might increase the look a bit.

I think you should make it downloadable, at least to test how it's "accepted" (can't find a better word right now, my vocabulary lacks). But I think/hope you know what I mean.

Btw: The carshape works nice, no bugs (did you correct the one you found the solution for in the carshape version you send me? It appeared a lot of times when I played...). The idea for the side ist good, although we have less pixels then. But we also have no "disappear"-bug what's of big importance as well. So for the future (when I will make a sportscar, FIA-GT set or whatever) I think I will do it like this, too.

About my SWC set: I don't think I'll be able to finish it in near future, it's so much! 5 of 13 menu pictures are still missing, only 5 cars are completely finished, many smaller sponsors on 7 cars are missing (but they are completely ready except of this) and 2 cars are still completely missing. Performance data is ok now imo.
AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »

Please send me the shape with the "small and very easy update".
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Code: Select all

It appeared a lot of times when I played..

This bug ?
I found no solution for this bug in the carshape !
My solution for this bug is the Damage.jam. (Should be in the zip in you mailbox) Texture 407 in this jam is transparent now.
It works in my GP2.
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

I opened the your carshape, but somehow I have a problem. As X and Y coordinates I only see "1" and I am not able to choose anything else... I have no idea why... So I can't update it, sorry.

The idea with the updated damage.jam is good, but I can't use it. I'll explain why: On my carshapes there is a differently shaped rear and under this rear you see this black thing, that appears also in the front sometimes. When it's deleted it misses and looks silly (at the rear). Gladly I found a solution on the carshape that works ok.

Today I updated the FIA-GT carshape a bit and although it still has some bugs I'm really happy. Those bugs that still exist appear only sometimes and from the cockpit perspective they are almost invisible. I left hose small parts that disappear from time in the shape to have more pixels (but I deleted the big parts (front of the sidepods) that disappeared all the time, and that is a really good thing!!).

But as I already mentioned in my last post, to change everything for the SWC set would be to much work and in addition to this it would be really sad for me to delete and remake those things that I made in hours of hard work... ;-) But for the FIA-GT set (there exists already a beginning, but I don't say for sure I will ever made this ;-) ) things are already looking nice!!

All in all thank you for your work, it helped me to check some things again and to improve them to a real good standard!! :)